Chapter Four: Chaos

"F-fuck," I muttered under my breath, stepping into the chilly morning air.

The wind blew sending my hair flying in a disarray around my face. For a moment, I was blinded by strands going straight towards my eyes. Pushing my hair back, I slid the hood to my black jacket over my head and quickly rushed to the car, running my hands down my arms. When we'd first moved here, my parents had thought, they'd be driving me to school. I had vehemently protested. In fact, I'd thrown a hissy fit. I wasn't waking up two hours earlier than I did to get ready. Not only that. I wasn't waiting at school over an hour early because Dad had to be at work earlier than normal.

Nope.

Not me.

Three weeks later, I'd edged on my parents nerves and they'd bought a used Camaro from a used car dealership. I wasn't like Callie. I didn't care that the car wasn't brand new. I was just glad that I had a car. I'd gotten my driver's permit when I was fifteen. After that I'd gotten in a lot of experience driving over the summer. Mom had let me drive with her and Dad to work. We'd drop him off, then go to stores and practice parking. I still sucked at parallel parking, but everything else was good.

Looking at the beauty of the car now a grin touched my face. The Camaro had started off a dark gray color. I had taken it to the car wash and cleaned it, after first getting it. The color had gotten to me and I had asked my parents about getting work down on the body. Dad had been reluctant, until Mom told him I could earn it if I kept my grades. A year later and I was looking at the beauty and intricate details of black and lavender Camaro. The interior had recently been upgraded from black seat covers to lavender seats. The steering wheel was

I had worked my ass off. My grades weren't at an all A level, but I'd definitely say that I was in at least the top twenty percent of our class. Mom wouldn't have it any other way. She'd quickly confiscate my car and my phone. The crazy things that Eve, Vanessa and me did meant that I had to behave for the most part. Neither of them had a car, but I didn't mind picking them up. It was fun heading to school.

The car door slammed shut as I eased into the driver's seat, adjusting the seat comfortably and checking everything so that I was set to go. Turning on the heat in the car on high, I shivered for a moment. I must have been crazy to be wearing the thin little jacket I was over my spaghetti strap top. The skinny jeans weren't any better. They were thin. So in short I was freezing, but thinking about the ridiculously temperature inside the school, I didn't care. It felt like summer in there. Sometimes, it seemed like they wanted to torture us. Who could concentrate in a building when it felt like an oven? They had to know it was likely to drive people like me to sleep.

Moments later, I was reversing out the driveway and pulling into the street. Maneuvering the car left, I headed to Eve's house. She was going to crazy with the triplets. I could already tell. Thorn was probably just her kinda guy. Less than ten minutes later, I honked the horn of the car as she came rushing out the door with her book bag over one shoulder. Her hair blew in the wind carelessly as she turned towards the door. The door was filled with the broad shoulders of her older brother, Evan. Evan was two years older than all of us and a first year student at the community college. They both shared brown hair that was mixed with different hues of honey and hazel brown eyes.

They spoke rapidly with her shaking her head and him motioning wildly. I honked the horn again. Immediately they both headed to the car. I narrowed my eyes. I had a good idea of what was up. Evan needed a ride to the college. I contemplated for a moment, before I shrugged. I didn't care. We had a little bit of time and I didn't really care about being late to school. Once you went to I.S.S more than twice then it became routine. It was almost addictive. It was better than regular class. Homework was done without the presence of others. Boring field trips could be avoided and there was no lecture. Instead there was absolute silence, other than the sound of papers turning over and pencils moving across paper.