In her mind, she wished there was some music playing, but there was nothing. It was dark and everything was silent, except for their moans.

She assumed Donovan was looking this because the look on his face.

He had her changed positions a few times but he made sure to guide her through what she was doing. When they were done, their bare bodies laid together in the darkness.

Joy didn't know how she was feeling after her first time. She enjoyed but of course it could have been better.

After falling asleep and waking up that morning, she got her phone from on her purse and saw that she had over a hundred missed calls. Mainly from her dad and Alex, several from her mom and a few others from her friends.

"Whoa." She mumbled. Then she went on to the text messages. Fifty-seven messages.

The ones from her dad had her in panic mode.

Daddy: Joy Danielle, where the hell r u?

Daddy: I know u not with Jayla. She's in. The hospital. Call me now.

Daddy: where r u?

She tapped on another message from Alex.

Alex: Joy please give us a call. We're worried about you.

Alex: your friend Jayla is in the hospital. She was in an accident. Where are you? Just wanna know if you're safe.

Joy began to panic. How was she going to cover herself now if Jayla is in the hospital?

"Oh my god." She mumbled.

Donovan, waking up from his sleep, turned over. "Huh?"

Without looking at him, she responded, "This is bad."

"What is?"

"Jayla..." Her voice trailed off.

He sat up. "What's going on?"

"My friend Jayla is in the hospital. She dropped me off to meet you, remember?"

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I need to find out. My parent knows and they know I'm not with her."

"Maybe I can sneak you home." He suggested. "Don't want you to get in trouble."

"It may be too late for that." She stared at her cell phone. "Oh no. My dad is calling."

"Are you gonna answer it?" He asked.

"No way. I need to find a safe way home."

"I can take you home." He said.

"I have to find a way out of this." She panicked, staring at him, hoping he could help her.

"I don't know what to say." He shrugged. "Do you have any siblings?" He asked.

"No. I mean there's my little brother, but what can he do for me? He's only eight."

"Never underestimate an eight year old." He chuckled.

She stared at him with a serious expression. "Now is not the time to joke around Don." She said.

"I'm sorry, but I was gonna say call your brother or sister and see if they'll cover for you, but that won't work. You have a cousin close to your age?"

"JJ!" She snapped her finger then focused on her phone.

Donovan sat and watched her but she stopped and slapped her forehead with her hand.