Chapter 21

Noah

It was party time and we had decided to invite Jayla, not only because we missed her, but because we really needed to talk to her about how she was acting. Everyone was arriving at my house, Jayvion and Miracle had just gotten off work so they were wearing their work clothes. I told everyone to go to the basement because that's where we had everything.

"So did y'all watch Empire on Wednesday?" Nicole questioned.

"Yes girl! My man might be straight or at least bi after all!" Miracle exclaimed.

"Alicia Keys still look good after all these years." I said sipping my Kool-Aid.

"So...Did Luscious kill dude?" Jason asked.

"That's the same thing I wanna know!" Jayvion yelled.

"I mean, I'm guessing so... Cookie gave him that look." Miracle stated.

The doorbell was ringing and we all gave each other a look. We all knew who was at the door. I got up to go answer the door. When I reached the door, I prepared myself for what was following.

Opening the door, I smiled and said, "Hey Jayla, come on in."

"You sure you wanna hang wit little ol' me?" She asked.

"Yes Jay. We miss you." I hugged her, and let her in the house.

We walked down to the basement in a comfortable silence. Walking into the basement, everybody was still watching what was on TV.

"Y'all, look who's here!" I exclaimed.

Everyone looked at us, got up, and ran towards Jayla. A shower of "I miss you" and "I'm happy to see you" came abruptly.

I sat down and propped my feet up on the coffee table. Soon everyone else sat in their original spots and it was silent.

"So..." Jayvion said.

"I missed y'all. And I just wanna apologize to everyone for my actions. Especially you Miracle. I did you wrong. So I hope y'all can forgive me." Jayla stated.

"We forgive you." We all said at the same time.

"I cannot wait till Christmas break! I'm soo ready to see my Nanna." Miracle stated.

"Have you asked your dad about me coming?" Jayvion asked.

"He said it's fine as long as your mom is ok with it." Miracle smiled.

"So y'all just gone slide past like y'all not making plans?" Jayla questioned.

"Uh huh! What's going on?" Nicole asked.

"Jay wants to go to VA with me for the holidays. That's it." Miracle replied.

"Answer me this, and be honest, y'all fucking?" Jason asked.

"No! We're best friends. That's it." Jayvion stated.

"Y'all crazy." I shook my head, laughing at them.

I had hoped to win Miracle back over, but if she likes Jayvion, I guess I should just fall back.

Miracle

I really miss Noah.

"What's the sleeping arrangements tonight?" Nicole asked.

"I call a bed!" I stated.

"Well, you can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the floor." Noah stated.

"I'm not gonna kick you out of your bed. You can sleep in there too, just don't try anything." I stated.