Chapter 26 - One more Date

『EDITED』 

Previously

My mind tried to decide, with my gaze stays with her eyes. I tried to think it through, what could be better for us. I wanted it, we needed this. Yet one thing have spin around my mind, and that was the question I wanted to answer. How can I tell her without breaking her heart?

"Have a date with me today," I blurred out "after that, I have something to tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sophia

Life is never been so merciful towards me, I even think it gave me it's full attention, knowing every turn I make, it always been there, waiting to play with me. It always fucked me up by making this illusion I can't define, it makes this illusion I call happiness.

I knew to myself being selfish brings more happiness, that only told givers always lose. Yet, even I marked this motto in me, I still ignore it and still try to do good, to give greatest in people's life.

Yet, a question that roam in my stays unanswered. What is this, what is that, what are these, what are those... What is life?

Distance is painful, especially when you carve to embrace the one you love yet cannot only because she live in the other side of this planet. It's hard to bare the fact that you can't even see her with no screen between you two, and the fact that she's there and your here always been hard to think of.

But distance isn't really that bad, it sometimes lead us to the world where we could find our self, our lost self. We find something new without the eyes of the known, and we sometimes finally had this thing that boost us to the person we want to be.

I too, wanted distance. I wanted to be away from everything just to find anything that could lead me seeing another point of view in life. But, I find myself wondering, would everything be the same when I left?

Would they stay the same to me when I return finally?

She stays quiet, taking my statement in. "Wh-what?" She asks me, confusion in her eyes.

I recall my mother's words to me just this morning, her bidding of me coming with her back into the Philippines. It was my chance to be free from everything and a chance for me to think this through.

In where I stand now, my mind only say one thing for myself to know.

Coward...

"What do you say, love. Would you go out with me again today?" I said, giving her a small smile.

Her gaze stays with mine, reading me as if I was an open book. She knew, something was up, and by the looks of it, she's curious. I know what I'm doing have a prize that I needed to pay after, knowing that I'm taking the root of where a minute shall passed with me gone to their sight.

Such coward I am, am I? Running away, hoping that I escape my problems.

Finally, she nod, taking my offer. I smile, quite happy she accept. I lean in and kiss her temple as I caress her cheek. "I'll pick you in a hour." I mumble, resting my forehead with hers. Her eyes gaze up on me, begging me not to let go yet I did, taking a step back.

"I need you to go and get ready. Just wear something that's comfortable, okay?"

Her eyes didn't left mine, and mine didn't move an inch away from hers. I smile at her, assuring her. She smile finally, now stepping back. She turn around, headed to her car. In each steps feel so heavy, like my breath have lessen more, like my lungs feel it's being clinch tightly.