Chapter 22 - When a brother failed his responsibilities

『EDITED』  

Previously

Sophia just curve up a smile, looking straight to Kevin's eyes. "I'll hold on to that. Just make sure you're not saying something you can't keep." Sophia stood up, headed towards the door. She turn the knob, pulling the door open. Without looking back, she simple said, "Eres un mentiroso."

Kevin's eyes widen, hearing what he heard finally lead him to realization. You're such a liar, that's what she said. "Good night, Kevin." Sophia then left, leaving him alone in his room with only his thoughts to company himself. She knew, Kevin thought as tears now flood his eyes. She knew, and she now think you're a liar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narrator

Woken by the feeling of loneliness, Pamela open her eyes slowly. Quite surprise as she see no bright light dimming at the curtains. It was still late at night, seeing that the time was likely 3 am. She turn around, looking for her companion, but only see no presence beside her.

This made her sit up, looking around the room as she search for her beloved. "Sophia?" Pamela called out, hoping to receive any words back to her, yet there was none. Now Pamela's mind begin to filled with worries, but tried to convince herself that Sophia may only gone to pee or anything a person would do at night.

Where did you go? Pamela thought worriedly. As if her thought reach her companion, the door knob turns and open, only to reveal Sophia looking down. Pamela's smile quickly hang, seeing the aura that Sophia carries with her.

Pamela quickly stood up, embracing her beloved as she hope to lift those frown that printed on Sophia face, but it was no used. Pamela escort Sophia back to the bed, gesturing her to seat at the edge of the bed. "Hey, what's wrong?" Pamela asks as she sit down next to Sophia.

"Please, love. Tell me." Pamela plead. Sophia stares now land on her, surprising Pamela as she sees Sophia's teary eyes. Pamela's inside voices begin to chatter, trying to figure out what cost her beloved to silently cry. Sophia's eyes keep it gaze still, questioning her loved one, reading her as Pamela's mind continue to make chaos inside of her.

By then, Pamela finally understood. She found out, she answer the question. Pamela's eyes widen, nearly to tear up as well. "I-I..." Pamela shutter, the voices inside her head so silent now. Pamela reach out to caress Sophia face, only to receive denial as Sophia look away. Seeing Sophia lean away that way made her flinch.

"I didn't---" Pamela tried to explain, but there was no excuse to tell. "I-I... I didn't---"

"Assez." Sophia quickly cut her off, making stop talking Pamela be speechless in the spot. Sophia stood up, now heading toward the door. "J'ai eu assez du mensonge. Je vais vous parler plus tard, pour l'instant je veux rentrer à la maison." Sophia said, bidding her farewell to Pamela as she promise to talk to her later on.

Hearing Sophia's word, she knew if she let Sophia be now, it would be over as soon she step outside the very door. Pamela stood up, reaching out for Sophia but she was now too late. Sophia have closed the door, leaving Pamela alone with only herself.

Pamela didn't knew that her tears were already flowing down, she was crying without noticing it. Her knees give up, making her kneel as she stare at the door, hoping for Sophia to come back. Pamela lift her hand, reaching out to wipe her tears away. She begin to regret not speaking sooner, but it was the favor of her brother.

He was the one to blame, she thought. Pamela stood up, anger and regret flashes in her eyes. She headed towards her brother, knowing that he may still be awake. She didn't bother to knock, she burst the door open.