31) Late (Requested by @yevoroonie)

Requested Yevoroonie

You were currently in the gym, preparing for tomorrow's mission. You were storming a HYDRA base tomorrow, and you needed to make sure you were ready.

"Hey Genna." A calm voice greets, as you turn around to see who it is.

"Hey Steve." You reply, removing your gloves.

Steve awkwardly shifts his feet then begins to ask, "So I was wondering if you be interested in joining me on a date with me this Saturday?"

You were shocked and didn't know what to say. "A-a date?" You stutter.

Steve frowns. "So that's a no?"

"No, no! I mean- yes! I'd love to join you on a date Steve!" You blurt out awkwardly.

"Don't you dare be late this time." Steve teases, earning a  smile from you.

Let's put it this way, the first time Steve asked you out, you were late. Well it was more like, you forgot about the date. You were sure to be on time this time.

~~~~

You were running as fast as you could, to outrun the HYDRA soldiers. These men were definitely tougher than the rest, but you knew the Avengers could overcome them. You were dodging bullets left and right, and there seemed like no end. 

You noticed Steve, who was having some trouble. You shoot down two of the soldiers fighting Steve. Steve nods at you as a sign of gratitude.

While Steve was fighting even more men, you saw that one was trying to take a shot at his backside.

"Steve, lookout!" You shout, launching yourself to take the bullet.

You feel a sharp pain in your chest, as you thud to the ground. Your conscious is slowly slipping away.

Steve rushes over, throwing his shield to knock out the other enemies.  

"Gen!" He leans down to try to get you to stay awake. (the gif is this scene)

You try to respond, but darkness fills your vision.

~~~

You awake to a beeping noise. You were in a hospital room.

You slowly sit up, still trying to adjust to the bright lights. There was a nurse cleaning the counter tops.

"What- happened to me?" You groan.

"You were in a coma for four days. I'm surprised it wasn't longer considering your condition." The nurse explains.

Steve suddenly walks in, overjoyed to see you.

"I'm so glad you're alright. I was really worried about you." Steve informs, making you blush.

You smile. 

"But you know," Steve begins, "you were late."

A/N

I've been considering starting a Skyrim fic, but I don't know if I should or not. Are any of you interested in Skyrim related stuff?

Hope you have a marvelous weekend!

~MRomanoff