15) The Smithsonian ~Steve Rogers~

In this Imagine the reader will be the granddaughter of Peggy Carter and works at S.H.I.E.L.D. It also takes place during the Winter Soldier :)

You stood in silence reading the exhibit on James Barnes. There was a man who was standing beside you, reading the exhibit as well, and it almost felt as if you could feel his sadness rubbing off on you.

"He seemed like a pretty great man, huh?" You ask the man standing beside you, while breaking the silence.

"Yeah he was." The man replies solemnly.

"My grandmother told me she knew the guy who was best friends with him back in the day." You stated.

The man turns to face you, and you feel like you recognize his face from somewhere, you just can't pin point exactly where.

"Who was your grandmother?" The man asks, suddenly interested.

"Margaret Carter. But I like to call her Peggy." You reply, delighted that he was interested.

He looked at you, examining your face, while you shuffled awkwardly. He looked at you as if he had just lost a long lost friend.

"Can I tell you something," he begins, "In private?" You weren't sure how to respond, but you just nodded.

You followed him to a quiet exhibit with much less people. You were confused to why he didn't want anyone to hear what he was going to say.

"I knew your grandmother." He begins, when you decide to interrupt.

"Knew? Knew is past tense." You question, confused.

"I'm Steve Rogers. " He tells you, his voice growing quieter as he tells you.

"That's funny." You laugh, but seeing the seriousness on his face, you knew this was no joke.

"You're- you're actually serious. I-I'm sorry." You apologize, feeling shameful that you just mocked him. He smiles out of nowhere, saying that it was alright.

"My grandmother used to tell me stories about you, when I was little. I used to think she made up the part where she actually knew you." I laugh, and he smiles again.

"Is your grandmother still- you know." He asks awkwardly, with you interrupting again.

"Alive? Yes, but I don't know for how much longer." You frown.

"That's-." Steve was about to say, when your phone starts ringing in your pocket. You grab it, and realize that S.H.I.E.L.D. was calling for a mission.

"Well Mr.Rogers, work is calling. I gotta go now, but if you're interested there's a Peggy Carter exhibit right behind the James Barnes one. It was nice meeting you, see you later." You wave goodbye, as you begin to walk off, when Steve stops you.

"M'am!" Steve shouts, grabbing your attention.

You turn around. "Yes?"

"I didn't catch your name." He says.

"I'm Y/N, Y/N Carter."

A/N

So I'm pretty sure I said in an earlier chapter that I would begin posting Imagines, and here's the first one.

I'm so excited about posting these imagines, and I'm planning to upload lots today! :)

Also, requests are open, so request away!

I know that this Imagine isn't that great, but I'm planning to improve.

I have a riddle. So far, nobody that I've known has answered it correctly, so I'm wondering if any of you can answer it correctly.

There are 30 cows and 28 chickens on a farm. How many didn't?

Hope you all have a wonderful week :)
~MRomanoff~