13: Painted Smile

☪Dark and Mysterious Love Trilogy:

"Roses of Possession"

13: Painted Smile

Jane feels like a poor dog tied on the neck, with a very little hope of escaping.

Footsteps and murmurs started entering her ears since midnight; since Harry left. Yes, he stayed. It was for good though. After the loud slam of the door, Jane felt comfortable with Harry's arms safely and securely wrapped around her.

She drifted to sleep.

But then, she was woken up by the audible sounds and Harry was already gone. To realize, she can't sleep again. Suddenly, she miss Harry's warmth.

She was too afraid to stand and too weak to even move. Moments later, she learned she's being guarded. Her door was locked and guards were outside, watching after her safely. And she didn't know why. Maybe she does but she's hesitating at the thought. For sure, it was Zayn's instruction.

Her life is already as miserable as hell. Oh, it is hell.

Jane's eyes fixated on her arms, where moments ago, blood and dark bruises were painted. Still, she can't imagine how Zayn could hurt her. She almost died. Why does Zayn possess her so much? Why does Zayn's adoration and admiration need to reach that point?

Harry always says she's bound to know soon.

When is that 'soon'? When Jane could barely move a muscle due to broken bones? When Jane's soul is already being slowly eaten and burned down in hell? Maybe Harry is just defending his brother in the best way he could because they're still brothers. Or, maybe, Harry's just true to his word... he doesn't want her to get hurt.

Jane sighed. every muscle in her body screamed in protest. Zayn is nothing but a cruel monster. There's no way she'll let him in. For sure, she'll despise him and continue to spit on his soul for the rest of her life...

That's if, she'll live longer...

A cold wind suddenly made Jane feel ill. She automatically looked at the window and wiggled her eyebrows. As far as she knows, the window was locked shut and tight that she can't try opening them without bleeding. Her hair was now being blown by the wind.

She stood up very slow and careully tiptoed towards it. Hoping for a miracle, she tried to unlock it again. No use. It was locked too tight for a girl to escape.

She disappointedly turned around and gasped when she did. There he was. Harry was standing before her, a large smirk playing on his thin, rosy lips.

"H-Harry..." Jane stuttered, slowly backing away. "How did you get in here?"

"It's very nice to meet you too Jane." Harry chuckles as he sat on bed. He then patted the space beside him which Jane quickly took.

"So, I believe you've slept safe and sound last night."

Jane rolled her eyes and shrugged. "I wish I could say that..." But the more Jane was aware she's being secured, the more her worries and suspiciousness alarms her. Who knows when Zayn will appear by the doorway?

"Well, this is sad. You seem happy when I left you last night. I thought-"

"No!" Jane shot up too quick. "I mean, it's not what you think it is- I mean, yes I'm happy that you were here last night- not that I'm saying I'm happy because of you and- oh, no! I mean-" Jane stammered, running out of words, Her cheeks were glowing red at a smirking Harry.

"All I'm saying is..." she says calmly. "How could you possible be comfortable to know you're locked inside one dull room like Rapunzel. I mean, it almost sounded too pathetic that I'm waiting for my prince charming to save me and climb up the tower of hell using my hair."