Chapter 2: You Got Some Explaining To Do

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." Gaara sighed in irritation as he stared, eyes half open, at the files in front of him. Specifically, the files of pinky or Haruno Saku– and yes, it was the school files. His older sibling, namely Kankuro, had snorted when he saw the name on pinky's file a few days ago. Gaara couldn't really blame the guy, even he had to admit that the name sounded more like a girl's than a boy's. Anyway, it had been a week since Haruno Saku, pinky, came to the school and so far there was absolutely nothing worth knowing about his current annoying enigma. It was all the basic information, like academic grades –the boy was an absolute genius, with only straight A's– and physical education and his name, age, birthday.

You know–

Useless stuff.

Gaara fingered the paper's tip and eyed the picture of Saku, noting that his pink hair was actually natural. As he continued to stare at the picture, Gaara couldn't help but think he really did look like a girl.

Kind of cute. 

Gaara blinked at his own thought. Did he just really think that, again? He shook the thought away, flipping through the other pages and scanning every single one of them. Gaara slowly sat up straighter, as his eyes widen to its original size. He grabbed the page, and traced the words with his finger.

Last school: Tomo Gakuen.

Never mind the fact that pinky was from one of the elite schools in Japan, Gaara had heard someone say that he was expelled from two schools. Flipping through the pages, Gaara stopped at the academic records and narrowed his eyes. It was the same thing. There were only grades for one school, Tomo Gakuen. What the hell? It was either the rumors that were entirely wrong, or pinky's information was filled in incorrectly.

"Gaara, we have to get going!" Gaara heard the voice of his older sister, Temari, yell from downstairs.

"I'm coming," Gaara said, putting the files under a bunch of other folders, before grabbing his school bag. Making sure to lock his door, Gaara went downstairs.

"Good God, Gaara! You're slower than Chiyo-baa-sama," Temari said, rolling her dark eyes at her younger brother. Gaara remained silent, as he watched his sister tie her hair in her usual four ponytail style.

"Where's Kankuro?" Gaara inquired, closing the car door.

Temari shrugged, grabbing her keys from her bag.

"Probably still asleep," she guessed, "he stayed up late yesterday making his homework; he's always complaining about how hard college life is," Temari stated, slowly driving out of the garage of their mansion.

Yeah, mansion.

The Sabaku family was one of the riches families in Japan; it was truly a wonder why Gaara was enrolled in Saruwatari. Though it wasn't a bad school, it wasn't the best one either.

"Homework?" Gaara raised an eyebrow annoyed in disbelief, "Since when did that idiot do homework without you threatening him to?" Gaara ended, glancing at his watch.

6:30 A.M

Damn it, Temari. Way too early.

"Who knows? I'm just glad I didn't have to hear his annoying voice so early in the morning," Temari answered, honking at one car that almost crashed into her. Gaara sighed as his sister rolled the window down to yell at the driver, who in return rolled his window down and yelled back.

"Keep driving," Gaara muttered, hiding his face.

Temari growled one last time at the driver, flipping him the bird, before driving away.