One

A small boy only 11 years of age stood in front of a glorious staircase. He still couldn't believe that he was a wizard and was standing in a ancient castle. It had been two complete days since his life took a positive turn.

His soon to be classmates were cramped together while waiting for the sorting ceremony to begin. The boy could hear the professor that was clad from foot to head in emerald robes. She was giving further explanations towards the sorting.

There were four houses presumably: Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin.  The boy's brow lifted up when the last was said.

"The ceremony will begin momentarily. "  the boy heard, while soft whispers began to float over the many students. Forgetting about the weird kid who had interrupted the Professor's explanation due to his lost toad being miraculously found.

"So it's true. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. " the small boy was indeed Harry Potter.

His head lifted in the direction of the accusing voice. Light emerald met grey. The other looked familiar. Like he had seen the other somewhere before.

"This is Crabb. " he said nodding his head to the left, " And Goyle. " nodding to his right. He took out his hand in a welcoming gesture. "I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. "

A red-haired boy interrupted the younger Malfoy's greeting. "Harry isn't interested, Malfoy. " Harry rolled his eyes.

He knew from the start that the red-haired boy whose name he found out in the first minute of their rather unfortunate meeting.

Ronald Weasley did not speak for him.

"Let me guess, a handy down robe, and red hair. You must be a Weasley. You will soon find out Harry that some wizarding families are better than most. "

Harry saw Draco offering his hand once again in friendship , "And I can help you there. " he placed his hand in the crook of the young Malfoy heir's palm. 

"Harry, you can't. You can't trust him. " Harry looked over his shoulder to see an angered Weasley over his preferences of friendship.

"Sorry Ron. But you don't speak for me. "

"Whatever. I hope you get strangled by snakes."

Draco smiled over at Harry. While they continued on their way into the Great Hall.

Names were called one by one.

A timid girl by the name of "Susan Bones" got sorted into Hufflepuff, while Draco, Crabb, and Goyle all got sorted into Slytherin, while Ron and a bushy-haired girl he also met on the Hogwarts express, along with the toad boy whose name was Neville Longbottom were sorted into Gryffindor.

However, he couldn't hear anything else besides the resonating echo of his name. Soft- hushed whispers travelled through out the hall. Many whispers containing the soft rants of the supposed "Boy-Who-lived" had finally come to Hogwarts.

Harry was surprised he didn't feel nervous and walked up to the lone stool with such confidence that many people were sitting in awe of the way the boy carried himself. The Sorting hat was placed gently onto his head. That's when Harry heard a voice interrupt his inner thoughts.

"Not a bad fit. You seem to know where you want to be. To the house that will lead you to greatness..."

"Better be..., Slytherin!" The hat boosted. After a full minute of silence.

The hall was quiet then it had erupted into thunderous claps ricocheting off the indented ceiling and walls.

Harry simply gave the sorting hat back to the Professor and walked past the stares of bewilderment with a confident grin.

He was part of the house of cunning or as it was called "House of the Snakes". This was where he was supposed to be.