(2) My Possessive Alpha Mate

Kyra was scratching at the back of my mind, begging to be let loose. Meanwhile, I was beyond shocked. This was our mate? 

Honestly, as much as I admired his appearance, that look in his eyes looked like he wanted to jump my bones. Right here, right now.

I began to back away, furiously pushing Kyra into the back of my mind. Stop it! I snapped at her.

No! He's our mate; he's the man I was telling you about! Kyra came back just as hard.

I didn't respond, only pushed her down further. The Alpha- I still didn't know his name- took a step forward for every step I took back, except his strides were longer. I gulped and turned, sprinting away.

I did so not want to get marked in front of the entire female population of my pack, with half glaring at me jealously.

A ferocious growl sounded through the square, and heavy paw steps followed. I knew he had shifted and was following me.

Kyra, please, for me, just please don't turn around and let him catch up. I shifted as well, knowing all too well that if I had stayed in human form he would catch up to me.

She whined, but complied. Since she had only been in contact with him for a minute, our bond was stronger than the mating bond, but I knew if I had stayed a second longer Kyra would choose him over me.

I sprinted at top speed into the woods, knowing when to turn away from the trees. I knew this forest by heart, fortunately, so the Alpha was falling behind.

Please, Kylie, I chose you over him. Can you do the same and choose me over yourself? Kyra tried desperately with the guilt game.

I'm sorry, Kyra, I know we're close. I'm glad you let me run, and I thank you for that, but I don't want to be marked and possibly even mated to this man whom I don't even know the name to yet! 

Kyra sighed. I suppose you're right. I mentally nodded my approval to her. 

During my conversation with her, I nearly forgot that I was nearing the cliff that marked the end of our territory. I skidded to a halt, pebbles falling over the edge. I peered over, panting heavily. I could have fallen. I could have died.

Our mate would have saved us, Kyra skulked. 

Will you shut up about him? We nearly died and you're still going on about him! I snapped.

 A twig snapped nearby, causing me to jump and send a few more pebbles to follow the others. I let out a low growl, peering around at the ominously shaded forest before me. A bush quivered, and out stepped the unnamed Alpha, in human form. I snapped my jaws at him.

"Feisty, I like that," He murmured, his voice husky and his eyes darkening. Kyra was panting, begging to accept him. I pushed her feelings back with all the mental strength I had. I responded with another growl.

"Aww, you don't want to start our relationship off like this, do you?" He cooed. "Come on; shift back so we can actually talk."

I shook my wolf head in a no. He looked confused, before understand lit in his eyes. 

"Eh, I won't look," He held his hands up and turned around. I shifted back and looked around desperately for a bunch of leaves to cover my parts. I finally settled for just lowering myself behind a bush.

"You can look now," I grunted, peering at him skeptically. It was getting harder and harder to push Kyra back, who was trying to make me sneak a peak of his 'area'.

God damn it, Kyra, stop it!

I came back to reality, to see him smirking at me. "Like what you see?"

I narrowed my eyes. "I didn't look."

"Sure you didn't," He shrugged, a cocky tone embedded in his voice.

This man is so unbelievable, I thought. I just responded with silence and a hard stare. You're attracted to this egotistical jackass?

Because he has confidence in himself, and that's a strong virtue all Alphas need! Kyra snarled, instantly defending our mate. I knew that this short time by the cliff has made our bond with our mate stronger, and if I tried to run Kyra would force me to turn back.

She lost the sense of sisterly love we once had.

"What's your name?" He prodded, after a minute of silence on my behalf.

"Kylie... Kylie Allen," I replied, unsure.

"Nice to finally meet you, sneaky mate," He smiled, genuinely. "The name's Mitch Boyd."

"It’s a p-pleasure to meet you?" I stuttered, surprised that he was now... pleasant. I smiled, small and hesitant.

Don't know how this went? Thanks for the feedback on the last chapter! I'm surprised I got 198 reads overall! Just, wow!

I was super busy lately, being dragged to worthless places by my parents, like the beach where I got a horrible sunburn and now I'm peeling everywhere.

Hope you enjoyed it. :)