Chapter Two- Homecoming

Naruto took a deep breath of the crisp Hidden Leaf air when they arrived just outside of the gate.
"We're here... at last." he muttered, and strutted inside of the Leaf gates.
"Well look who it is." The guards of the Leaf chuckled to themselves. After a few more steps, the blonde leaped and landed onto a long wooden pole protruding from the ground. The young man gazed fondly at his surroundings. He was home.
Satisfied, he leapt down from the pole and continued further into the village. Soon, Naruto found himself standing in front of Shikamaru and Gaara's sister, Temari.
"He's... Kazekage now, huh?" Naruto said, a little disbelief oozed from his words.
"Yeah. He worked hard for it. He deserves the name of Kazekage." Temari replied.
Two years had gone by. Never had Naruto expected that Gaara would become the Kazekage.
He smirked, "I won't let him out-do me. You can count on that." Naruto assured the woman. "Can't wait to see the guy again.. I'd love to catch up."
"I'm sure he would like that as well." Temari smiled and looked over at the man standing next to her. "Well, I've got places to be. Which means he does too."
"Yep. It's a drag, but it's my mission. See you later, Naruto." Shikamaru smirked. With that, the two turned and walked off.
'Kazekage huh...' Naruto thought. 'He's come a long way. I wonder if he still remembers...' Naruto's mind seeped into his memories of that day.
"This is goodbye, huh...?" his own voice echoed, and the figure of himself started scratching the back of his head.
"Yes." the other boys monotone voice rang out, his eyes slightly drifting to the left.
The blonde gave out a small chuckle as he uttered a few soft words, "I'm... not exactly the best with all the mushy stuff... so uh, I guess we'll leave it at...-" he was cut off as the other boy leaned in and closed the space between their lips. Brushing his own soft lips, across Naruto's not so soft ones.

Naruto smiled and shook his head. A lot must've happened in the last two years. If the red-head even remembered Naruto it would be a surprise.

'Kazekage... wow.'