Chapter 8

A Thug's Love Never Dies: Chapter 8

~Riley P.O.V.~

After we spent most of the day at the beach, which by the way Isabella had so much fun playing with her aunt, uncles, and cousins.

"mommy, I wanna see daddy" She yawned

"I know sweetie and daddy's going to come by a little later." The thought of Javier makes me so happy. We agreed on working together with our friendship for Isabella. She always asks where he is and it breaks my heart.

"yay! okay" she gave me a cute smile that made her chubby cheeks puff up.

I pulled up to the house and quickly called Javier to let him know I was home. I got her out of the car and took her straight upstairs. I undressed her and wrapped her in a towel.

"sit right here and wait for mommy, I need to get the shampoo." She nodded and sat on the toilet. I ran down the stairs to the downstairs bathroom to get her shampoo. I looked out the window and saw Javier pull up.

He got out and walked in through the door.

"hey Javier." I said as I walked over and gave him a hug

"hey Riley." He hugged me back. He looked really good. Like damn. "where's my baby girl at?" He let me go. I felt kinda sad when he let go.

"she's upstairs waiting for her bath, wanna help me?" I asked as I started walking up the stairs.

"I'd love to." He smiled and followed me up the stairs. His cologne filled my house. I loved it, I missed being coated in it.

"daddy!" She yelled and ran to him

"hey baby girl, you going to take a bath?" He asked as he kissed her cheek

"mmhm" She nodded

"alright I'm goin to put you in!" He yelled as he slipped her in

We both rolled up our sleeves and started to scrub her with the loofa. She was giggling and mplayin with her rubber ducks the whole time.

"She looks so happy in the tub, I don't think she wants to get out." Javier laughed as he washed her hair.

"yeah I don't think so either, its so cute!" I smiled "Hey, I'm glad we're getting along for her. I think she likes it better when we are with her together."

"Yeah it's nice to be here and not feel the tension. She loves it when we are together, It makes us an actual family." He rinsed the shampoo from her hair and tickled her.

"Yeah, you know why don't you spend the night here and watch movies with Isabella and I?" I offered. I know Isabella would LOVE to be cuddled in between Javier and I under the blankets.

"Uh sure why not?" He flashed me a smile that made me blush. "I see I still make you blush" He laughed.

"oh shut up!" I splashed water at him

"hey don't be getting me wet!" He yelled with a laugh

"that's what she said" I stuck my tongue out at him..

"Nah that's what YOU said." He put bubbles on the tip of my nose.

"yeah that is what I said" I nudged him

"Alright baby girl lets get you dry and dressed." He picked her up and carried her to her room. I stayed back and cleaned up the bathroom. These were the moments I loved with Javier, where we can be happy and joking around with each other.

~Javier P.O.V.~

You know at first I thought this whole "get along" thing wasn't going to work, not to be a doubter or anything but just based on our past I thought it would end up in an argument over something. I was wrong and I am havin such a great time, I get to be with my beautiful daughter and a woman I love.