Chapter 4

A Thug's Love Never Dies: Chapter 4

~Lexis P.O.V.~

You ever woke up feeling kind of off? I didn't feel sick or in pain, but there was just something in me that didn't feel exactly right. I sat in bed spending a good deal of time trying to figure out what was makin' me feel like this but nothin' was comin' to mind. Maybe I'm just not completely accustom to waking up in home yet? Either way, I'm not goin' to think too much more into this since Nelle's starting to stir around under the blankets next to me. 

"Good morning." She said lazily as she rolled over onto her back and gave a rub of her eyes. 

"Mornin', did you sleep well?" I asked looking down at her with a small smile. Something as small as waking up next to the person you love was one of many things I missed during those four years. 

"Of course I did. I'd ask you in return but you look well rested." Because I am. "We need to get the boys from my Mom's, then we have the whole day to do anything." We pulled back our blankets and began to make our way out of the bed. I was laid up in a good position though and it was colder in the house than I was expecting it'd be. At least the carpet's soft and I had a good view of Nelle Bells in her pajamas. I reached ahead and pinched her thigh, 'causing her to automatically swat me away. 

"Stop." She said through laughter that she failed at covering up. "Lexis, I don't want to  play these games!" She shrieked when I tried to slither an arm around her but she escaped. "I just want us to get ready without the nonsense." 

"A little nonsense wouldn't hurt. Are you gettin' in the shower first or me?" I mean, you already got the shower on so you might as well just get in first. 

"You." The moment I said that, she had thrown something at the back of my neck. Reaching for it, I pulled the thin fabric off and held it up to see it was her lace underwear. "Next time I'm gonna be the one rippin' these off you and tossin' em across the room." I called back to her before focusing back on getting myself ready for the day. 

***

"So you're not on parole, right?" Nelle asked as we were walking hand in hand up to one of the benches at the park. Trey and Ty wanted to come here since there were plenty of other kids running around. Taking a seat, I had her sit down on my lap and wrapped my arms securely around her waist. Naturally I looked around and saw a few of my members driving by which made me happy knowing they're not just getting fucked up at the trap while I'm not there. 

"No, I'm not. Judge never mentioned parole and neither did any of the officers so I'm off the hook. Did my time for some bullshit ass crime, but now we're here." I said reaching down to kiss her cheek. "You don't talk to your Dad anymore?" I questioned. 

"No. Not since I came back from New York I believe. I don't even remember when the last time I talked to him was. If I'm lucky he's already six feet under or turned to ash but I know I don't have much luck on my side." 

"At least you've cut him out. He was never any good, especially trying to pop back up sixteen years too late." I may have missed four years of my sons' lives, not my choice but even that made me feel like shit. I can't process the thought of willingly walking out for sixteen and then coming back acting as if my child needed me when clearly they'd been living just fine without me. Maybe it's because of the morals I was raised with when I was growing up. "Look at the boys." I said with a smile and to shift the conversation onto something more uplifting. 

"Aren't they cute? Ty's more on the shy side but Trey's probably befriended all those other kids by now." Trey was sitting at the top of the slide with another kid who looked about his age- not to mention kind of familiar too.