Chapter 5- Secrets

Start from the beginning

She ran the water and I grabbed the washcloth. I added the dish soap and started cleaning the glasses and plates as Skylar helped dry them and put them away with me directing her.

Once we were done, I washed my hands and turned off the running water.

"Thanks for the help," I said to her.

"No problem, the guys wouldn't have done it," she smiled. I let out a small laugh in an agreeing manner. "Thank you for dinner, I'm going to try to get Ty out the door now."

"Good luck," I said as we came out to the living area.

I watched as she reached for her boyfriend and caught his attention. With one whisper he dropped the remote control and said his goodbyes. As he passed by me and gave me a slight hug, "Thank you for dinner, it was great as always," he complimented.

"Thank you, be safe," I smirked at him.

He turned back to me with a silly grin before exiting the house to follow Skylar.

"I'm going to bed, night y'all," I said and turned to raise myself up the stairs. The call from the guys had me smile as they wished me a good night.

As I entered my room and shut the door behind myself I stripped to my sleeping clothes and crawled into my singular bed.

~~~~~

The morning came too soon. My body still not ready to arise from my warm bundle. A loud knock burst on my door, "Come on, its 6:45. Jay is already here," I heard my brother call through the door.

I flipped the blanket off myself to look at the clock three minutes fast that read 6:48.

Reaching for the floor I stretched as I hurried to my dresser to find pants and a shirt. Settling with the first thing I pulled out I wore light jeans and a green shirt. I threw my hair into a ponytail rehearsing my normal routine of calming down the curls with my fingers.

A quick look in the mirror then a rush to my door. I turned the knob and opened it wide to see my brothers fist in the air ready to knock and his mouth ajar.

"Ready," I said and waited for him to move.

Once he did I quickly brushed my teeth as I walked around trying to place my shoes on my feet. As I rinsed my mouth out and placed my toothbrush down, I left the bathroom and went downstairs.

"Sleep late, beauty?" Jay teased as he waited at the door.

I gave him a flat look before yelling out, "See you when you get home, Alex!" and turned towards the door.

"Hey!" His voice halted me and I turned around to see him appearing through the kitchen archway.

"I'll be late today, something about... I don't know," he acted as if he was trying to come up with something.

A huff came from my right and we both looked upon Jay. "What?" Alex said firmly.

"Nothing, just a great excuse," Jay mumbled.

"Shut up, I can't remember," my brother excused himself.

"Yeah, okay, let's go Addie," Jay said before walking out our door.

I peered out to him walking to his vehicle before turning to Alex. "Is everything alright?" I question.

"Everything's fine," he reassured me and carried on to the kitchen.