Chapter 16: For a moment there...I saw him. The missing lad from Australia

It was during our early teenage years where our fame quickly rose in the span of one day.

And before we knew it, we were suddenly wanted. 

Anywhere we go, we are always surrounded by paparazzi and some of those wild fans. It's as if, we are celebrities but we're not.

We're heirs and heiress, not Taylor Swift and her entourage.

Believe it or not, the only reason why they all wanted to be with us is because we're rich and we have the looks but I bet, they didn't really know the story behind us. 

Our stories behind the glamour of the mansion. They just didn't know us a lot.

How Zachary is living underneath the public's eyes. How everyone is expecting him to do more whilst accepting the constant criticism from his mum whilst his dad isn't really talking to him that much,

How Carlo has to receive beatings from his dad whenever he does something wrong or if he doesn't immediately learn fast from the tutor and about their business. How he has to constantly bear the shame of his dad having an illegitimate child and expects him to treat her as if she's his sibling, even when the girl is always causing trouble that Carlo has to clean up.

Or maybe the fact that Nathan has to live up on his family's ancestry and do everything perfectly and without a doubt. How he should be a philanderer just because his dad is a philanderer and he is cursed to be the same. How lonely he can be because his mum is currently suicidal because of her husband, and how he should be the one carrying the burden even though he is hardly coping up himself.

And then there's me. Where I am always scrutinized by my mum and pushing me to do things that I never wanted. How my mum keep on saying that I have to be like her, to live under her shadows. 

It's such an irony how us, being the children of the most powerful families, having everything in our disposal, came from crumbling family ties.

But the public ate everything up, how our families must be really fortunate about this, how happy we must truly be but then, everyone is so caught up about the glamour that they had forgotten that with every blessing came with a curse. With every good thing, must have a bad thing. 

Because they only focused on what's shining and glimmering that they had forgotten that the four of us are humans too,

And nobody even bothered knowing who we truly are.

-/-

"Wake up," 

My sleep was rudely cut off because of a certain blondie came by my bunk and began to shake me awake. 

I groaned as I clutched my blanket and brought it to cover my entire body. "Go away, Luke." I told him off, making him sigh.

"Look, are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?" He threatened me as I tossed towards the other side, making him huff in annoyance. 

"Don't make me count to three, Alia." He threatened as he attempted to pull my blanket away from my grasp.

I simply ignored him and went back to my slumber when it was rudely interrupted again by him when he scooped me up into a bridal style, carefully separating me and my beloved bunk bed.

"Wake up, midget!" He yelled as he proceeded on shaking me whilst I was on his hold making me squeal instinctively.

"Put me down at once, you bloody twat!" I screamed as he kept on shaking me.