Chapter 15: I won't be needing a date with destiny

"How is it possible that Carlo and Zachary had already seen you whilst I have yet to see you?" An angry British voice greeted me as soon as I had picked up the phone.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How did you get my number?" I ignored his question as I asked, I managed to fill in whatever it is on the documentation paper and passed it onto the hospital's supervisor before bidding farewell.

Zoe gave me the time to go to Amsterdam's hospital after we had finished with the charity event in Oberhausen and then she gave me the permission to do whatever I want after my shift.

"And to think that I am the closest to you among the three of us!" The voice continued as if I had answered him. "I'm wounded, Arianne," he stated.

I rolled my eyes. "Honestly Nathan, how did you get my number?" I repeated my question as I left the hospital and went straight to the Koffie Huis across.

After the charity event, I went straight to Amsterdam whilst the lads performed in Oberhausen just so I could finish at least eight hours of night shift. And since I have yet to rest my eyes, I have to settle with coffee just so I could stay awake for today.

The lads were granted a day off here in Amsterdam and since it's been a part of their protocol to include people to escort them, I was tasked to keep watch to Luke and Calum just to my delight.

I could withstand Calum's antics but Luke...? Hell would freeze over before he and I could get along and I think everyone around us knows about it.

"I saw it on the phone book," he deadpanned, sarcasm evident in his voice. "Do you really think I'll let you go on your way without getting your number?" He asked me making me sigh in exasperation.

Growing up having a lot of male influences in your life is really hard especially when they are all overprotective as hell but I have found it very endearing especially when all we have is each other's company. It's a miracle that I am still girly even though I've been surrounded with too many male figures.

"You're such a creep," I mumbled. "And it's not my fault that they happen to be in the same vicinity as I am. It's part of my job to be around a touring band," I said.

"Either that, or they happen to be stalking you, grabbing the opportunity of you being here in Europe," He suggested.

I smiled at the barista and asked for something I usually order in Koffie Huis, paid him and went towards an empty table and sat down as I wait for my order. "Zachary asked for a meet up since he had this meeting in Munich, Carlo had some business in some hospital in Copenhagen whilst I had my shift there..." My voice trailed off as the waiter placed my order before me so I smiled to him in acknowledgement.

"Should I ask destiny to set a meeting for us then?" He asked sarcastically making me smirk as I drank.

"If that would make you happy,"

He scoffed. "It would really make me happy if you would look up," he stated, making me turn my attention towards the glass window of the shop only to see a brown haired, doe eyed, fair skinned, half-British, half-Asian staring at me, clutching his phone in one hand whilst his free hand was raised, waving at my direction.

I looked down, fighting the smile that is about to creep on my lips before looking up and gestured for him to join me in my seat in which he happily obliged and sat across to me.

"Long time, no see Arianne," He mumbled as he kissed my cheek in greeting.

"What are you doing here, Nathan? The last I recall is that you have some exhibit to do in-"