Chapter 3: You again?

The receiving ward is chaos.

Flying papers here, rushing nurses there. Head nurse barking orders here, reception nurses furiously typing there.

It's always the same routine everyday which is why it's not a surprise when the sight of frantic nurses greeted my line of sight the next day.

I looked around to find someone calm, someone who isn't rushing to different rooms only to see the intern nurse who is looking quite grim.

"Alright in there?" I asked as I approached her, putting on my white coat in the process.

She stomped her foot slightly as she turned to me. "It's just unfair," she harshly whispered as she shoved the clipboard to me as she ushered me to a room.

I raised my eyebrow at her informality and unprofessionalism. "Pardon?" I asked her, slightly reminding her of her position.

She immediately mellowed down as she sighed. "Your patient is waiting for you. I have to go back to the receiving ward," she said as she went back with slumped shoulders as if she was defeated.

"What's going on?" I asked the nurse who is assigned with me as we entered the room. "Is she on her period or something?"

She chuckled as she turned me around and directed my head to look up only to see four pairs of eyes looking at me in various ways.

Green eyes is looking at me with amusement, the hazel eyes is looking at me in a polite manner, brown eyes is looking at me curiously and lastly, blue eyes is looking at me as if he had seen a ghost.

And I kinda agree with him on this.

I turned back to the nurse. "Is there any chance I could actually swap with other doctors?" I asked quietly in which she frowned in reply.

"All the other doctors and paramedics are occupied right now." She informed. "Have you heard of the accident?"

I suppressed a groan. "How can I miss it, Blake drove passed it this morning." I whispered as I walked towards the lads.

"Good morning," I greeted quietly as I quickly scanned the lads for any injuries.

Lucky me, Blue eyes get to be treated and not the other lads.

Michael stood up and quickly went for a hug. "Thank goodness it's you! That nurse back there is scaring us." He quickly informed me as he pulled back and smiled at me.

Nurse?

Then it clicked.

The intern is a fan and she wanted to flirt with them. I grimaced as I turned to the other lads. "Was she trying to flirt with you?"

They all nodded, making me groan and looked back at my companion. "Annie, fire that intern immediately. She knows the rules in this hospital and we can't let this unprofessionalism of hers slip." I told her in which she sighed in relief and grinned at me.

"Serves her right," she mumbled as I let my attention avert towards the lad in front of me.

"You again?" He asked as I ignored him and put on my gloves and made an effort to touch his chin but he moved his head out of my touch. "You're a waitress. You shouldn't be here. Unless you are stalking me. You're a stalker, aren't you?" He sneered as I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Will you please shut up, Barbie doll? I'm trying to concentrate here,"

His mates' snickers didn't go unheard by me and my ego swelled with pride. I guess I can be humorous if I wanted to but the glare his eyes made me shrink back to where I am.