Chapter 2: I don't want to lose my little sister in the middle of the crowd

"Most people would brush it off," A male voice snapped me put of my reverie as he sat across me, gently placing his ridiculously huge book on the table. "Most people would continue on their lives and act as if what happened yesterday was a norm," He continued as he gave me an amused look, his eyes are twinkling in delight. "But most people aren't you right, sis?" He finished as he gave me that famoso smile of his.

I turned to face him. It's amazing how our age gap is somewhat large yet it feels like we're both looking into a mirror.

His hair is screaming like he had rolled over his bed this morning and hadn't have the time to fix it but somehow looking like a neat mess. His fair skin seemed to glow underneath those lights and he seemed to be towering me. His blue eyes have the same hue as the skies, twinkling in delight as he looked at me.

"Well, his attitude isn't excusable. What he did is very rude and very arrogant," I told him. "I have every right to release all my anger out."

"Oh how I love to meet this person that had managed to get on with my sister's bad side on their very first meeting," Blake mused as he opened his textbook. "I haven't seen you so mad ever since you learned that you were betrothed with Zachary."

I rolled my eyes. "He isn't worth your time, Blake. Best not to meet him." I told him as I watched him look at me and smiled.

"What a shame," he said, amusement lacing on his voice. "I'd love to see for myself what had caused you to erupt into silent fits of anger." He stated as he finished whatever he was doing and packed up. "It's not every day I get to hear my usually composed little sister complain about anything and it's not every day I get to see this side of you." He told me as he stood up and brought the book back to where it belonged.

He emerged a few moments later and held out his hand for me.

"Shall we?" He asked as I took his hand in mine and nodded, thus ending the topic.

-/-

"I don't feel so good,"

A small quiet voice snapped me out of the trance I seem to have because of the bright lights.

I looked back only to see Blake clutching onto his stomach as if his life is depended on it.

It probably is.

"Would you like to go back?" Another voice had asked him. "Where does it hurt? You really should stop being vague,"

I froze.

It was a presence of a ghost. It a presence of a person whom I haven't seen for a very long time.

I haven't seen my older brother, Ethan for about seven years.

I looked around. I was trapped inside a memory... A memory of an event that had happened long time ago.

Blake shook his head, showing a brave front. "I could handle it. I know I can." He said stubbornly, ignoring his questions as he looked at us with determined façade.

But I knew better than to look at his façade.

My eyes immediately searched for a particular emotion hidden in his eyes. We all inherited our father's blue eyes, making us quite known for it.

While my brothers' eyes are swoon worthy, mine bore an aura which infuriates people around me.

I glanced at his eyes only to find what I was looking for.

Pain.

He sighed as he flashed both of us a grin which meant to assure us but when Ethan's gaze met mine, we both knew he wasn't feeling well.