Chapter 14: Would you have chosen differently?

"That Barbie you speak of has feelings for you,"

"And you're okay about it?" I asked him as soon as we reached the front of the assigned bus for staff.

He shrugged nonchalantly but me, being his best friend for years, I know that he had already mastered the art of concealing his true emotions.

So instead, I studied his eyes which are currently showing sadness.

I rolled my eyes. "You do realize that your claim has no proof, right? You only met the guy once." I scoffed. "Luke's an arsehole, a douchebag. How on earth would he have some sort of feelings for me?"

He glanced at me with a pointed look. "You know, I can't believe you were hailed as the prodigy among the four of us and yet, you can't see that bloke's feelings for you."

I sneered. "Knowing Luke? It's impossible for him to feel something other than rage and disgust. Is he even human?"

He chuckled, displaying that boyish smile of his. He may be smiling, but the look on his eyes tells me all.

I let out a small sigh before smirking and nudged his shoulder. "How are you?" I changed the subject.

He raised an eyebrow at me before smirking as he offered me his hand and pulled me into an extended stroll.

"They don't mind if I steal you for the night, right? I'll be sure to bring you back for your next destination." He said, gesturing for the bus in which, I could still see the silhouette of Elena, peering down to take a look at the scene.

I shook my head. Even though I am dressed in my sleepwear, I am sure that Zachary will just bring me to the next destination himself.

I sent a text message to Zoe and looked to him. "You better bring me back in time for their Oberhausen show." I tried to threaten him.

He snickered as he put his arm around my shoulder. "Aye, whatever you say madam." He said in his poshest voice.

-/-

"It's not the same without you," he said as he threw another pebble to the river. "Nathan, Carlo and I missed you....a lot." He said as he picked another pebble.

True to his promise, he managed to get us to Oberhausen after he had offered me a stroll so as I could never be late for the lads' show and make the manager throw a fit as he puts it and right now, we are currently situated near the riverbank.

"Carlo might have mentioned that once or twice," I piped as he looked at me with wide eyes, questioning me.

I shrugged. "Carlo and I had a run in with each other in Copenhagen."I elaborated. "I'm surprised Carlo hadn't mentioned that to you nor to Nathan,"

He sighed. "Carlo mentioned that to us," he paused, remembering what our Don Juan had told him. "When he said that you were currently employed as a medic, Nathan and I wanted to rush and get you already."

I looked at him. "But you know that it isn't what..."

"...you wanted, I know." He cut me off. "When you said you'd run away, the three of us were opposed to the idea of it but what choice do we have? You're not happy." He looked away from me. "And we're okay with you running away,"

"...but you're not okay with the fact that I have to cut ties with you and that includes communication." I trailed off, making him look at me with amusement in his eyes. Growing up together, Nathan, Carlo, Zachary and I were able to finish each other's sentences like those quadruplets' telepathy or some sort. We never display this side of us to the public for fear of intervention.