Chapter 10: You'll be safe here with me.

"You really took your time, huh?"

I looked up and saw Luke looking very annoyed as I clutched my jacket closer to my body while I made my way towards the waiting area of the hospital's parking lot.

I rolled my eyes. "Then why wait for me? You do realize that you could've gone back without me. I mean I got the gist that you wanted to leave me alone,"

"Believe me if I could, I would but Ashton threatened me that if I don't come back with you, he'll tell my mum about this," he countered back. "And the last thing I need is for my mum to find about this. So whether we both like it or not, you're stuck with me."

I groaned. "You could make up some lie about-"

"Just shut up princess," Luke cut me off with a sigh. "I just came from a tiring performance and you lecturing me isn't really helping." He said, rubbing his forehead in the process.

I can't believe he wasn't informed by Jeff that I'll be catching up in Sweden with the rest of the crew. I wordlessly went straight behind him and began rubbing circles on his forehead.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I took Physical Therapy as my pre-medical program before I got accepted in med school. I took a double major in uni before so I know what I'm doing," I explained. "It's a therapy for people who had stroke."

He hummed in response. "...Why didn't you just stay home and be the rich spoiled brat you are?" He asked, his voice softening. "You could have everything you wanted and yet, here you are."

It was because of my mum. I thought. She wasn't the most supportive person I've met. She's more of legacy, and reputation. Not to mention, she wanted me to be someone I'm not.

"It's the experience, Luke. Not many rich spoiled brats are granted with experience I have. They could snap their fingers, and someone will attend to their whim and wishes, no matter how ridiculous or difficult it is. They have everything they want and that's what you perceive us rich people." I told him. "But rich people are more than that. If you think that life is tough for you, how much more to us? You just don't get it." I said.

"Then why is your boyfriend looked like he just came from an important meeting?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Carlo?" I asked him, incredulously. "Are you referring to Carlo?" I stopped what I was doing and sat next to him.

I could feel his whole body tensing, though I don't really get the reason why he is riled up at the mention of Carlo.

"We have to straighten up some facts here," I declared. "Carlo is, was, and never will be my boyfriend," I told him, making him turn to me with such speed.

"What?" He asked with such confusion. "But you guys are really close earlier. Touchy-touchy, even."

I scoffed. "The day he becomes my boyfriend is the day hell freezes over," I gave him a pointed look. "Carlo's my best friend. He's nothing more, nothing less. So will you please quit those fantasies of yours where you thought Carlo and I are a couple? I might hurl up onto the pavement."

He was awfully silent after that so I turned to look at him only to see him fighting off a smile on his face.

I furrowed my eyebrow. "Are you alright, Hemmings?" I asked him but whatever he is going to respond died on his lips when a familiar bus pulled up in front of us.

"That's not my bus," I pointed out, making him turn to me with a sarcastic smile.

"No shit, Sherlock." He mumbled as he went to go inside, leaving me behind.