67. Jason & Forgiveness

the next three chapters, including this one, are just short little text conversations that set up things that shall happen later. enjoy :)

Jason: troye?

Troye: hi

Jason: you know, troye, kay and i were talking, and do you remember when we were kids? you and ty were inseparable and kay and i were too, and when we met, the first thing we did, before we even knew each other's names, was that we managed to climb that giant pine tree and ty and kay got stuck. you and i had absolutely no idea what we were supposed to do, and we panicked and ran away and pretended that we didn't know them. i have no idea why we thought that was a good idea, and i have no idea why either of them forgave us, but i do remember that feeling. its how i feel all of them time now, so confused and scared and full of regret, and i'm still running away. only instead of running away from a fucking pine tree, i'm running away from tyler, who seemed to think he was a god, and kayla, who's too scared to believe it, and you, who's running away just as fast, and stupid interviewers who do things like twist our words and pretend that what happened to us was nothing. and so thank you, troye, for explaining yourself, because that interview only made me run faster and maybe i'm finally grounded.

Jason: and i miss you, troye. please come visit. or at least let us visit. we've been friends since forever and i don't think that i can handle anything here in this stupidly safe school without you.

Troye: i miss you too, j.