Meet...Whatshisname

Chapter 2:

Next day

I stayed up all night thinking about what happened last night...who was that man? I looked at the picture that I snuck and took to try and find a face of some sort...but nothing.

"Ali, mom wants us to talk downstairs." Cameron said in my room. I sat my camera down and followed him downstairs without question. Momma was sitting at the table waiting on us with a plate of cookies and glasses of milk like she was meeting with three year olds. We looked at each other with confusion, but sat down.

"Well I know you two are wondering who that guy was yesterday."

"Yeah what was he---"

"Cameron be quiet...he's sleeping." Momma said with her finger up to her lips.

"He's still here? What is he doing here?"

"Who is he?" I added.

"His name is Justin. Me and your dad knew him ever since he was a little boy...about 4. He was a good friend's son. He was such a good boy...he's like one of my own. Recently, he went through something that made him become homeless and he's going to stay here until he can get on his feet and get a place and a job." Momma explained to us.

"In the rent room? I thought you were trying to make money." Cameron said.

"That will have to wait."

"But mom, you don't know what this guy has gotten into to. I'm moving in until he leaves so I can assure you're safe." Cameron demanded.

"Whatever you feel...but if you are you'll have to sleep in the guest room. If Justin will stay, he'll find a job and I can get rent until he moves out." Momma said.

"Fine..." Cameron said.

"Any questions?" Momma asked looking at me.

"No..." I said shaking my head.

"Good...when are you moving in Cameron?" Momma said just making small talk. That was my cue to leave...I walked up the stairs and walk toward the door of Cameron's old room. I opened the door slowly and saw the body laying in the bed. He was snoring softly as if this was the most peaceful sleep he had in a long time. I grabbed my camera from my room and went back to take a picture...I took 3 and closed the door back. I went in my room and tried to look for a face once again...but nothing.

A month Later

I came home after going to the movies with Jacob and Lin to bags of food which meant that momma didn't feel like cooking. She went to Subway and knew exactly what I wanted.

"Hey, just getting back?" Momma said coming in the kitchen.

"Yeah...where's Cameron?"

"He went on a date with some girl he just meant. She seemed really nice."

"Is that yours?" I asked pointing to the other sandwich.

"No...that's Justin's. I didn't take it to him yet."

"I don't understand...he never comes out that room."

"Yes he does...he went job searching today."

"I've never seen him leave that room. Why doesn't he just come down and get his food?"

"He doesn't want to be in the way."

"That's still weird...and kinda rude if you ask me."

"Well I didn't ask you now did I." Momma joked. I laughed along and went upstairs with my sandwich after thanking her for it.