The Half Brother [26]

2 days later ---

Jay:

How has my life been? Well, firstly me and Sophie and her mum - I guess you could call her my mum too we went to the hospital for DNA. It turns out that she is my real mum. It has changed a lot in life. She hasn't told me her real name but told me to call her Vanessa for now. So that's what I call her. Vanessa. My own mum. This was the person I wanted for so long, and now that I got her I don't know how to react. I'm not even sure it's healthy for me to have a mum.

Sophie has been quite depressed. She don't like the fact Vanessa is back home. It seems like Vanessa is really making an effort to get to know Sophie again and be a mum but Sophie isn't buying it. She said she can't trust Vanessa and in fact, she's started keeping her distance from me. Me. I know!

I've hardly been down at Sophie' house, and even if I have Sophie doesn't even bother to make conversation. Vanessa said she just needs some space and soon she'll accept us all. I'm not sure that day will ever come. I know how stubborn Sophie can be.

I hate it so much. If it was aganist Sophie or Vanessa - I'm not sure how I'd pick. I mean come on. Sophie is my best friend and I've known her for not so long but long enough to know how she feels. I know her inside out and it's amazing how we instantly clicked. However, Vanessa is my real mum. My biological mum. No more foster parents this could mean. But this doesn't make me happy knowing that I might lose Sophie in this whole process.

I'm not sure what to do or how to feel. I pick my phone up, and dial up Sophie's number. Maybe I can talk to her and get her back under my arms. I need a friend to talk to at the moment. Jason and the guys are idiots and I can't discuss a issue like this with them. They'd just make fun of it, and ignore me. They won't take it as seriously as I want them to.

After a few rings, a really tired voice spoke from the other end. "What?" She croaked. I gulped.

"Can we meet up? Or talk? Please Soph."

"Today?" She said.

"Well, obviously."

"Okay then. 5."

"At your house?"

"No, just meet me at starbucks."

*******************************************************************************************************

Sophie:

My mum said it was funny how I was pushing Jay away, and a bit childish. I wasn't pushing him away. I was pushing myself away from everyone else. I just need some time and space to accept what has been going on. Firstly, my mum returns without a warning. That is a complete surprise. For fuck sakes. We moved 6 hours away to get away from here, but YET again she finds us. Is that even possible? Maybe I'm still dreaming.

Then, not to mention - the "shocking" news she returned with. The fact that Jay is my half brother. We even went to confirm it, and it's true. It's all true. He's mum is Vanessa. That makes me even more angry. How dare mum even keep that away for me from my 16 years of life.