The Half Brother [5]

Sophie:

The next day I forced myself out of bed, yawning loudly as I gazed around my room. It was cluttered, and messy everywhere. Today after school I had to clean my room and finish the decorations. Pretty much the whole house was done, just a bit left to do - in 2 days. Well, that was very fast. I threw my alarm clock across the room and surprisingly it shut up. Oh damn, probably broke it.

I put my school uniform on and then looked in the mirror once. Maybe I should tie my hair up? I grabbed it all in my hand and forced it up in a ponytail and out of my way. I added a few bobby clips letting my fringe fall over my right eye. I sat down at the dining table, my dad had my breakfast ready.

"Eggs!" He said brightly.

"I don't eat eggs," I sighed getting a bagel. I can't believe dad didn't remember that.

"Of course you don't, which is way I placed a bagel for you," He said sticking his tongue at me and then sitting down with his bread and egg.

"Thank you daddy," I said in my most littlest princess voice that made my dad chuckle. He put a piece of bread in his mouth.

"Haha, no problem," He said with his mouthful. I hated it when he ate like that.

Once we had finished, and I helped put the plates away he promised to wash it when he came back. He started up the car.

"Dad, you don't mind if I take the bus today?" I asked

"Um, no but why - you have the car ready for you."

"Yeah, but... like, I want to explore this place," I made an lame excuse. Dad fell for it.

"If you insist. Oh, I found a part time job I won't be home till 5."

"Okay."

I walked happily to the bus stop, sitting there with my music blasting just when a figure came and sat next to me. I didn't even bother to look up. The guy tapped my shoulder. I sighed, what did he want?

"What?" I snapped, looking up and then realised it was Jay.

"Nothing, just saying hey," He said smiling innocently at me. I smiled back.

"Sorry, I thought it was some random guy."

"We don't like random guys."

"Uh huh."

The bus pulled up. I hated public buses, but I really didn't want to drive to school with my dad and seem like a loner. It was easier. I got on, swiping my oyster card and then moved towards the back on the bus. Jay swiped his card, starting to move when the bus driver starting driving the bus. You see what I mean? I hadn't even got half way down the bus. I lost my balance, nearly falling onto a guy as he held me up.