The Half Brother [12]

After the awkward text message, I went over to Jay's house. I never really went over to his house. Mainly because he refused to let me come around. It was as if something happens there, and I was not aloud to be part of it. Tyra had been there a couple of time, but she never spoke of it. I knew Jay would be mad at me for turning up out of the blue but I wanted to be with him right now.

I threw open my closet. I wasn't going to do my makeup all over again, the smudged eyeliner from school and the little mascara was going to have to do though I looked like a total wreck. I pulled out tracksuits, and a green nike top - this was a complete new side to me. These clothes were for home, when I was sure no one was going to be around.

For shoes, I picked out my nike high tops just because I thought it went well altogether. I grabbed my JUST DO IT! bag, heading towards the kitchen. I pulled out a note and quickly picked up any pen there was scribbling on to the paper: 'Dad, there's pasta in the fridge just warm it up :) I'm out for a while. See you xxx I'm at Jay's house-__-' I stuck it on the fridge.

That way I was sure he was going to read it.

I left my phone at home, in case Shane decided to text back and I really wasn't in the mood. I don't even know why. It was just... really awkward all of a sudden and I felt stupid. I know it's crazy, but I had to get out of my house. It was... suffocating within minutes.

I knew Jay was going to kill me. He really didn't like when people turn up out of nowhere at his house, but then again - I wasn't going to ask. He'd refuse straight away saying his foster parents were up to something. I just know it.

I got onto the bus, swiping my oyster card - moving towards the back. I remember what my mum used to tell me. Never sit at the back of buses. It's all about the troublemakers back there but now she wasn't around to tell me what to do. And damn, did it feel good to sit back there with her thought in my head.

It was as if I was rebelling against her, without her even knowing. I pulled my iPod out of my bag, plugging in my headphones and placing them inside my ear comfortably putting the music up high. The whole was blocked out for only 5 minutes. Jay's house wasn't too far away.

"Stop for Newbury park," The lady in the speakers spoke that echoed throughout the whole bus. I got up, and then went down the steps out of the back doors. Once I was out, I took a deep breath. I realised there was a whole row of shops just two minutes away from Jay's house so I went into the chicken shop.

Just to be nice, I wanted to order some food so I didn't turn up empty-handed. It was a habit I had learnt from my parents. Always take something to eat at other's house. It was hammered into my head, it stuck there bold and bright.

Amazingly, it was not very crowded and my order was taken straight away. The people working and serving there were loons. They kept giving me creepy smiles, and really weird winks. I felt a relief when I was finally out holding my bag of medium sized pizza.

I reached his house. It was painted a light toned-down green, and there was flowers on the window sill. It looked like such a happy, lucky place and it made my heart warm up. It seemed like a good idea after all. I opened the gates, walking towards the front door which was white. Taking a deep breath, I pressed the bell and waited fixing my shoes.

A women who looked in her early thirties opened the door, smiling brightly at me and welcoming me. Though she had no idea who I was, and who I came to meet she made me feel at home straight away. Before I could even talk, she placed me on the sofa in the living room and ordered a girl who I presummed was Annabelle, to get me some drink.

"Okay, dear, who are you here for?" She asked at long last. I took a quick sip of my mango juice, trying to smile nicely at her.

"Hoping I could see Jay?" I asked with a small grin.

"Oh..." her voice dropped, and she made a face at the mention of his name. She suddenly seemed really mean, like a bully.

"Yeah."

"One second," she said getting up and then screaming Jay's name. He didn't respond. She made a really frustrated face, giving me a helpless smiling going up the stairs. She took it slowly, step by step, but when she finally made it upstairs I heard shouting and screams.

Annabelle came into the room, sitting down across from me eyeing me up for a while. I felt really uncomfortable.

"What's going on?" I asked at last. She just laughed.

"It happens all the time."

"What?"

"Arguments between foster mum, and Jay. It's getting really boring now."

"Oh," my voice trailing off.

"My name's Annabelle, but call me Belle." She said with a really friendly smile. It was as if she was taught how to keep a grin on her face.

"I'm Sophie."

"Sophie? That's you!"

"Urm... yes," I said blushing.

"Oh my god. Finally!"

The door flew open, revealed to a rather angry looking Jay but when he saw me his face colour changed into purple. Really angry.

"What the heck are you doing here?" He spat, with all venom in his voice. I regret it now.