C h a p t e r T e n

Chapter 10

Hunter

     I went to bed that night with a smile on my face and it was still there when I woke up. Phoebe and I spent the night talking about what that meant for her and for us. I explained that I was willing to take this as slow as she needed, understanding that it was a huge change for both her and Millie.

     I also told her about the celebration this weekend and asked her if she would be willing to come so I could introduce her to the pack as their Alpha female, which she agreed to without any hesitation.

      I felt like for the first time in years, things were finally looking up. I knew my father would be proud of what we had here. And I was certain he would approve of Phoebe as my soul mate. She was so much stronger than she looked.

      I lay in bed thinking how lucky I am to have such an amazing mate. I knew everyone must think that when they think of their mate. But Phoebe was truly amazing. Twenty four hours ago she never even realised werewolves were real and now she knows we are and her soul mate is one. I couldn't be more proud of her for accepting things for what they are.

     Rolling out of bed and putting on clothes, I realised I needed to check in with mum and tell her the good news so that she can start the preparations. Every new couple participate in the mating run before they can officially be mated. Mine and Phoebe's will be the first one at our new pack grounds and I wanted to make sure it was perfect for Phoebe.

      I bounded down the stairs, banding on the every door as I went, making sure everyone was up and ready to go for a run. I wasn't going to let the pack slack off just because I had other things I needed to take care of.

      As usual, I found mum in the kitchen cooking. Ever since dad died mother has thrown herself into helping out with the other pack females duties. I repeatedly told her she didn't need to do that, but she never listened. Told me that she is just a normal pack member now and so she needs to do her share of pack duties.

"Mother," I bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"You did!" My mother exclaimed dropping the bowl she had in her hands on the table. "You found her! Don't deny it, I can smell her on you! So who is it? Is she from a pack near by?"

"Her name is Phoebe-May," I told my mother as I grabbed food off the table. Just as I was about to tell her about the other small piece of information she needed to know, Zach and Dylan bounded into the kitchen.

"She's beautiful, Jennella!" Zach told me nodding in my direction. "Hunter is a very lucky guy. And we are one very lucky pack, she's going to be a great addition. And she sings beautifully!"

"But she's human Jen," I watched as Dylan screwed his face up is disgust. "Hunter got stuck with the weak one."

     I rose from my chair quicker than you can say the word 'wolf'. I grabbed hold of Dylan's neck and threw him to the floor, hearing is head make a loud cracking sound as it connected with the floor. I wanted to stop there, make sure Dylan was okay, but I felt my wolf pushing through, begging to take control. Dylan made a push to get me off him, but being of Alpha blood I was bigger and stronger than he was.

     A loud, deep grown rose from my chest as I raised my hand and smashed into the side of Dylan's face, my mother let out a gasp and took a step back. Zach rose from his seat at the table but knew better than to get involved.

"Phoebe is your Alpha." My wolf growled at Dylan. "You will speak of her with the upmost respect or you will not speak of her at all." Dylan grunted but stilled. He stopped fighting my wolf and bowed his head.