Sixteen

"Phiilll."

Phil groaned and blinked a few times before looking at Dan who was holding Phil's phone.

"Sorry, but someone's been calling you repeatedly for a while and I thought it might be important." Dan said quietly.

Phil took his phone and saw that he had eleven missed calls... from Amanda.

"I'll be right back." Phil mumbled, forcing himself out of Dan's bed and walking out of the room.

He rang Amanda who picked up almost immediately, surprising Phil.

"Phil? Where are you? Are you okay?"

Even though Joey was ruining Phil's life, his parents had become more aware of him and protective, they became more loveable and seemed to be trying hard to be good parents. Phil appreciated it (even though they left the night before) and loved that they cared now so he was going to cherish it and not complain. He didn't know how long they were going to stay like that. He was still scared they were going to change back at any moment.

"Hi, mum," Phil said. He had also started calling them mum and dad, something he never thought he would ever come to do. "I'm fine, I'm at... someone's place."

"We came home early because Matt was worried and you weren't home. There's blood on the floor, Phil." Amanda said.

Phil mentally hit himself for not cleaning up his mess.

"I, um... I did it again. I'm sorry. I needed someone so I called someone. I'm sorry I didn't let you know." Phil sighed, feeling his eyes well up with tears.

"Oh, Phil, I'm so sorry, we should have stayed home-" Amanda started to say but Phil interrupted.

"It's fine. I'm okay now." Phil assured her.

"When are you coming back?"

"Later today."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Well... We love you."

Phil felt a tear roll down his cheek and he smiled a little.

"I love you guys, too. I'll be home soon." He said before hanging up and walking back into Dan's room.

"Is everything okay?" Dan asked as soon as Phil sat next to him.

"Yeah... things are pretty good, actually."  Phil let out a breathy laugh. Things seemed okay again, he had Dan and he had his parents. Joey wasn't about to ruin it for him.

Dan wrapped his arms around Phil who smiled widely and hugged back as tightly as he could.

Phil felt Dan place a hand on his cheek and he glanced up at Dan.

Phil moved his face closer to Dan's face and their lips met. The kiss was soft, sweet and gentle. Their lips moved perfectly with each other's, as if it was meant to be.

It didn't last as long as Phil hoped but he was still amazed that he was able to kiss Dan.

"So, how would you like to spend the day?" Dan asked quietly, his fingers circling Phil's palm.

"I told my mum I would go home," Phil said. "They've been really protective lately."

Phil has talked to Dan about his parents multiple times and spilled everything he wanted to say for so long about his parents' behavior. Even though things were going well with Amanda and Matt, Dan was also scared they'd change back.

"It's okay. I mean, you did run off with a boy in the middle of the night." Dan grinned and Phil chuckled.

"You're making it sound like we did wrong things." Phil rolled his eyes.