Nine

"We are such emo trash."

As they walked out of their last class, they continued talking about music they listened to.

Dan had moved his seat in their last class so he didn't have to sit beside Joey who didn't show up and he now sat beside Phil so they spent the whole hour talking about bands and their favorite songs.

Never did Phil have anyone to discuss his song interests with for Skye liked the music you would hear now or old songs.

Dan liked pretty much all the same bands Phil fell asleep listening to, it was good to talk to someone about music and have the same taste in music.

They walked outside and Phil stopped in his tracks to say bye even though he didn't want to.

"I'll see you on Monday." Phil said, looking at Dan.

"Hey um, my parents are gone to America for a week for their anniversary and I'll be home alone so maybe you can come over if you want?" Dan offered shyly and Phil couldn't stop the small grin that spread across his lips.

"I've got nothing to do so yeah, I can go whenever is good for you." Phil said and Dan's face brightened.

"Ok, you can literally come at any time I really don't care!"

He seemed so excited and Phil was glad to see him like this. Excited Dan was his favorite so far.

"So would now be okay?"

Dan had never looked so happy as he nodded and clapped like a little kid.

"I'm sorry, I haven't had a friend like you in ages and I dunno, I like your company so being able to be with you for a little longer is amazing!" Dan chirped and Phil laughed.

"We'll have to drop by my place first, is that okay?" Phil questioned, now getting slightly nervous. Amanda and Matt never react well to anything. Phil would have to keep Dan outside for a few minutes.

Dan assured Phil that it was fine and they began walking, talking about books now and the subject of Harry Potter so happened to appear and they spent the rest of the time trying to remember lines from the movies and acting them out.

"Could you just wait out here? Sorry, my parents are, uh-" Phil started saying.

"It's okay, I understand. Make sure to pack extra clothes just in case." Dan gave Phil a smile.

Phil nodded and quickly walked into his small house.

He walked upstairs and swiftly grabbed a pair of sweats, an extra pair of jeans and a few shirts then stuffed them into his bag, grabbed everything he needed and checked to make sure Skye's note was with him before he sprinted downstairs, running into Amanda.

"Where you going?" Amanda asked and Phil decided to be honest because no lie was coming into min at the moment.

"I was going to stay at a friends place..." Phil mumbled, shrugging and nervously biting his lip.

"A friend?" Amanda scoffed.

Phil nodded, head bowed and eyes on the floor.

"Well at least we won't have to deal with you on the weekend." Amanda sound out loud and Phil's grip on his bag tightened.

"Maybe I should stay there so I don't have to deal with you guys getting drunk and high," Phil scolded, earning a slap from his mother, worst than the one he got large night before.

"Shut the fuck up and leave. I don't care how long you stay there for."

"Why didn't you just give me back when you realized you didn't want me? You would've been so much happier without me." Phil said, shaking his head.