Chapter 14

Chris Pov

After driving about two hours to the hospital with Nathan's car behind me we finally got here. The second I park my car I start running inside. I go straight to the lady at the desk. "Is Athena Cerulli here?" I ask.

She looks at me weirdly then looks through some paper work. People's opinions are the last thing I care about. "Yeah, room E102 down the hall," she answers. Without answering back I started running to the room.

Honestly I don't care if I'm not allowed to see her; I'm seeing her. I burst into the room without worrying about anything else. I gasp as I see a huge machine connected to her and a huge bruise on her left cheek.

I slowly walk over to her followed by me running my hand through her hair and kissing her cheek. It was so quiet, all you could hear was the machine. That was until I heard her mom come in and also gasp.

"Athena," she whispers, seconds away from bawling. "Please don't cry Mrs. Walsh, please," I plead with a shaky voice, also about to break down. Soon enough both her brother and dad came in. They were as speeches as I was.

After us being in a silence that lasted for who knows how long, the doctor comes in. She was a little startled from us being here. "Uh, hello, I'm Dr. McCain," she tells us four. Nathan then said what we were all thinking.

"What happened to her?"

She was hesitant and it was obvious. "Well, she came in with a bullet wound in her right hip, I'm not sure how but the bullet went through her back and into her lung. This machine is basically breathing for her."

Someone shot her, I thought to myself. If I ever find them, I'm going to kill them. "Is she going to be okay?" Her dad questions. It took her longer to reply that question. "There's a fifty percent chance that her lung might not recuperate," she answers.

There's a fifty percent chance she might die. All because I left her alone at that party. I couldn't stand being there another second hearing that the only person I really want to live, die. If she dies, I die too. I am willing to do anything to see her again.

After storming out I see the guys getting out of one car and Angelo and the girls getting out of another. "Chris!" Devin yells, getting out the car. Soon enough they all ran over to me.

"What happened?" Kylie questions. That's when I broke. Tears started falling from my face and then I felt the presence of them hugging me. "She got shot --- she might die," I cry. They stayed quiet.

Even saying it breaks me. "Chris?" I hear someone say. I look up, no one said it, but then they moved out the way. It was Kuza. I walk over to him and hug him. "How did you know?" I ask him since I didn't text him telling him about this.

"Can I talk to you?" He questions nervously, motioning his head behind him. I nod my head yes and walk over to where he wanted me to be with him. "S-she alright?" He asks, not looking at me and looking down.

I sigh at the question. "I don't know," I answer truthfully. He nods and starts to get really jumpy. "Are you okay?" I ask him. He nods his head no very quickly and continuously. "What's wrong?"

After I asked he started taking something out his shirt: a gun. I scooted back and held my hands up defensively. "Whoa whoa whoa, what are you doing Mike?" I ask nervously, still with my hands up.

He starts breathing hard. "The cops are already looking for me, I-I just needed to tell you that it was me, she was with me, I took her, I-I bought her from a human buying place, I hurt her, it was me," he informs me, looking me in my eyes.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. "Chris, I'm so sorry," he tells me, now crying. "You did this? You better turn that gun around and kill yourself before I do, Michael," I threat him with my teeth gritting.

I wouldn't care if it was one the guys, no one does this to her! The cop sirens then started getting louder and louder.

- Angelo Pov -

As Kuza and Chris were talking we overhear Chris saying, "you did this? You better turn that gun around and kill yourself before I do, Michael," we all look at each other confusingly and look at them talking.

Kuza had a gun pointed at Chris. "Mike what are you doing?" Balz questions as police sirens started getting louder. "It's over for me," he says, pointing the gun at his head, crying. All of us but Chris, gasp.

The cops then surrounded him. "I'm sorry," he whispers, looking at Chris. He then drops the gun on the ground and puts his hands up. "My wife, my everything, is in a fucking coma because of you, you deserve to die," Chris tells him.

Chris picks the gun off the floor and points it at Kuza. "Put the gun down," a cop tells him through a mega speaker. Chris didn't blink one time. "He hurt her," Chris mumbles. "He hurt her," he repeated.

"Put the gun down or you both are goners," the cops informs him. Chris hesitates and puts the gun down. "Go to hell you sick bitch," Chris tells Kuza and backs away. Soon enough the cops arrested Kuza.

"I should have killed him," Chris mumbles to us and we hug him. We were all still so confused. What the fuck just happened?