Chapter 3

Athena Pov

I wake up with a horrible headache and to the sound of my phone ringing continuously. Checking the time, I noticed it was 5am.

Incoming call from Babe

But aren't I with Chris? I look to my side and see Ricky. WHAT!? "Ricky," I whisper, shaking him. He groans. "Ricky," I say, again shaking him. His eyes start to open. The second he sees me, he jumps up.

"Athena?" He questions, rubbing his eyes. I really hope what I think happened, didn't happen last night. "Ricky, what --- the --- hell happened?" I ask, noticing he didn't have a shirt on. I place my hand on my head in frustration and try to remember what happened.

All I remember was playing ping pong with him, after that, I blacked out. "Did we....?" He asks, not finishing his sentence. I knew what he was talking about though. "Please tell me we didn't," I say. I quickly put on my shoes and SKIRT?! Why don't I have my skirt on?!

I don't even know the way to go home. "Athena," Ricky says, getting my attention. I look at him ready for his response. He sighs and points behind me. I turn my back and look around. That's when I saw it: a used condom on the floor.

"Fuck."

"Chris," I whisper. "S-should we tell him?" He hesitantly questions. To much thoughts were running through my head to answer that question. "I-I don't know. Don't tell him just yet. I'll figure something out. I have to go," I say.

I grab my phone and storm out the house. Its still too dark. Looking all ways, I try to figure out which way to go. Fuck it, I don't care; I need to go anywhere but home. Not while I feel this guilty. Will I ever tell him?

- Chris Pov / 2:14pm -

Where could Athena be? I have called her about twenty times; she isn't answering ANY of my calls or text. I also called the guys and asked if she's with any of them and they all said no. Ricky was acting quite weird when I asked him though.

I call Ricky to see if Athena is with him. After a couple of rings, he answered.

"Hey Rick?" I say more in a question.

"H-hey," he stutters.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, um, what's up?"

"Have you seen Athena? I'm pretty sure she's mad at me."

"A-Athena? N-no, of course not. Why would I be with Athena? She's not with me," he says, all too quickly.

"Oh okay? I'll see you later some time then."

I look on my phone screen to see that he has already hung up.

Flashback over

Forest! That's her favorite place to go!

- Athena Pov -

Me and Ryan-Ashley sit here on the dirt and leaves in the forest, looking at the water go down stream. I really needed my closet friend with me. I told her what happened yesterday and how horrible I feel. "You have to tell him, Athena," she tells me.

I sigh, knowing it's true. "But, I can't," I state. It will ruin absolutely everything. It was all just a stupid mistake; we were both drunk. "You have to --- you had sex with his best friend, the least you can do is tell him," she informs me.

Maybe he'll understand and forgive me. "I'm the worst person in the world," I say, shaking my head in disappointment, of course in myself. "No you're not, you just made a mistake, a mistake that you have to tell him about."

How will I tell him though? Running through my thoughts, we hear rumbling and sticks cracking behind us. We both turn around at the same time. There's the guy I wanted to avoid the most: Chris.

"I've been looking through this forest for a whole hour, why didn't you call or text me back?" He asks, coming over to us. "I'll be in my car, you guys talk," Ryan-Ashley says, getting up from the ground and disappearing into the trees and bushes.

I look back to the water. He then sits down next to me. "I'm sorry," he says. I look at him confusingly. "Why?" I ask, still feeling guilty. He answers, "for leaving you yesterday, I was stupid and being a dick, I should have stayed with you."

Now I feel even more bad! He's apologizing for something so little yet I can't tell him something so huge. I need to get it out. "Chris, I-slept-with-Ricky," I say all in one word. He looks at me in a way that I couldn't tell his emotions.

"What?" He questions. I sigh out. "I slept with Ricky," I answer. Still, an emotionless look was on his face. "No, I heard you, I was just making sure if you weren't fucking with me, tell me again, WHAT?" He yells, scaring me a tad bit.

I wasn't surprised at his tone. "I'm so sorry Chris, we were both drunk, I don't remember what happened and-" he cuts me off and stands up. "I'm over here busting my ass trying to find you, calling you non-stop, texting you continuously and trying to say sorry to you and I get this shit?"

He was now pacing around angrily as I was getting up. "You have every right to be mad at me-" again, he stops me. "Mad? I'm not mad. I'm fucking furious! You slept with Ricky! My best friend! How the hell could you?!" He yells.

"It was a mistake!" I shout back. He shakes his head. "Yeah, and so was marrying you," he remarks, taking off his wedding ring and throwing it at me. Tears were filling my eyes and streaming down on my face. "Chris, don't say that," I mumble.

"We need a break," he states and starts to walk into the woods. "No Chris," I shout, going after him. I pull onto his arm, attempting him to stop moving. "Leave me alone, Athena!" He yells, pushing me off him, I'm a fragile person so I fell.

He looks at me regretfully, like if he wanted to help, but didn't and left. I cry out, not in pain, well, actually, yes it was pain, but the pain I was talking about was from me hurting him. He has done nothing but love me and I did the worst thing ever.

I'm a horrible person...