Chapter 40.

Chapter 40:

It's been a week since Old Raine passed away and I still haven't gotten used to it yet. I've spent most of this week in tears, I don't think I've left the house in three days and the other four days I had interviews, resulting in me putting on a brave face. Harry has been with me whenever he can, he's spent most of the week here and has stayed over almost every night just to comfort me. And he has, he's been my rock and made me smile over this past week, so as a thank you I'm giving him his anniversary presents a day early.

I'm sure he won't mind. Considering he won't be back from work for another half an hour, I decided to set up the house ready for when he comes back. I put his presents on my newly made bed, I filled my room with lit candles, every single one of them flickering occasionally and making the room smell like vanilla; I closed the door and turned all of the lights off in the house, making it completely pitch black. I broke the glowsticks and made an arrowed pathway from the front door to my bedroom - so he would automatically follow it when he came in. Once I had finished that I grabbed my phone and ran to my room, waiting for him to get home.

I waited another ten minutes before I heard the sound of a key in the door, he twisted it for it to unlock; his chuckle echoed through my ears as he noticed the glowstick pathway, closing the door behind him before his footsteps became louder and louder. I positioned myself behind the bedroom door as he opened it, immediately seeing the glowsticks lead to the bed and to his presents.

After a few seconds he closed the door nonchalantly and made his way to the bed, his back facing me - I smiled at him as he looked around the room amazed, until his soft eyes finally landed on me, plonking himself down onto the edge of the bed. A smile made its way onto his face and he bit his lip as I made my way towards him. Standing in between his legs, towering over him and leaning down to peck his lips, his hands resting gently around my waist. "Happy Anniversary Harry." I whispered to him, feeling his cheeky smirk as I kissed him once more. His beautiful complexion flickering due to the candlelight.

"Happy Anniversary Em's" he grinned, pulling me down for one final kiss. I placed myself next to him on the bed and gave him his first present, "Oh my god Emma!" he screamed in shock as he opened the wrapped silver watch. "This is the one I wanted! Thank you so much! This is amazing!" he cheered as he put it around his left wrist, hugging me tightly afterwards, admiring its beauty. He took ahold of his next present, the photo album, and looked at it carefully before unwrapping it. Smiling instantly at the front cover knowing exactly what it was; and opening the first page he read the message I had written:

'Harry, you are the most amazing person I have ever met. You make me strong and you have always been there for me when I needed you, you never fail to make me smile and you treat me how every girl deserves to be treated. You respect me and love me for who I am, and for that I am eternally grateful. If it weren't for you saying hello to me at that party we would never have met, so thank you Harry, for making my dreams come true and also for making me the luckiest and happiest girl alive. This last year with you has been the most incredible year of my life and I hope we have plenty more because I love you Harry, and I always will. Forever yours, Emma xxx.'

After reading, he looked to me with teary eyes. I raised my hand to wipe them away as he began to open the book, resting my head on his shoulder as he flicked through the pictures.

"How did you get that one." he asked as he pointed to a picture of us sat in the butterfly house gazing into each others eyes as the butterfly rested on our intwined hands.

"The butterfly house has a security camera and I just asked for a few still images from that day and they gave it to me." I responded. He continued to flick through the pictures chuckling occasionally at some of them, I had put all of the ones our parents had sent towards the end; they showed the numerous times we had gone back home and met the rest of each others families. I smiled at the pictures of Harry with my little cousins, his dimpled smile similar to theirs as her played with them.

The final page was nearing and Harry started in awe at the book as his crystal green eyes carefully scanned each individual picture with precision. I smiled at his concentration, my eyes absorbing his beautiful features before returning to the last page in the book.

This was without doubt my favourite picture of Harry and myself, it was when we were at his mums house and she had invited all of the family round; his mum sneakily took a picture of the both of us because she found it cute, which I couldn't really argue with. The picture consisted of Harry's height towering over mine as we stood, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck playing with the curls at the nape of his neck and his hands positioned securely around my waist - our foreheads were touching as we both smiled lovingly, looking into each others eyes. When I glanced at the picture all I could see was love. How happy and content we both were wrapped in each others bodies and how safe I felt at the time, love was all we needed, and in that picture... It's all we had. I smiled as he closed the book, turning to face me.

"This is amazing Emma, thank you. It's the best present I could've asked for." he pecked my forehead and carefully moved a stray hair from the side of my face, "All of this is amazing. And this photo album shows how much I love you." he told me, keeping a firm grasp onto the book. I smiled and kissed his nose, having nothing else to say. "You're getting your present tomorrow but do you want to know what it is?" I smiled and nodded to him, he got up from his seat on the bed and made his was over to his coat pocket, retrieving an envelope.

"What's this?" I smirked as he handed it to me.

"Open it." he grinned widely, more excited than myself. I tore open the envelope carefully and pulled out the contents, my eyes widened immediately and my mouth turned into and 'o' shape.

"Two tickets to Santorini in Greece! Oh my gosh Harry!!" I screamed as I hugged him tightly, I pulled away and kissed his lips. I can't believe he would do this for me! It's perfect!

Although me being me, I decided to tease him. "I can take my mum, she's always wanted to go!" I smirked cheekily, looking at him. He rolled his eyes in response.

"Well your second present is already over there and I can't give it to you if your mum goes." he reasoned, raising his eyebrows.

I sighed playfully, "Fine, I'll take you." A giggle escaped my mouth as I glanced at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and placing my legs on either side of his hips so I was straddling him. "I can't wait! We're gonna' have the most amazing time. Thank you for this Harry. I love it. And I love you." I kissed his soft pink lips passionately. Feeling him smile against me, I replicated and smiled as well. I couldn't be happier right now!

The kiss started to get more heated and I pushed his chest softly so he lay backwards onto the bed not breaking the kiss, our lips moved in sync and our tongues danced together in ecstasy. Clothes began to shed from our bodies as we got caught up in the moment, loving the feel of each other's; with every kiss we shared I felt love, with every thrust we shared I felt love and with every pant we shared I felt love. We were inseparable and most importantly: we were happy.

___________________________

Comment and vote please :) Thank you!

- Pianogirl56