Chapter 16.

Chapter 16:

I woke up today feeling amazing! Everything seemed to be going well for me: I have an amazing job, great friends, caring family and then Harry, who never fails to make me smile. I chuckle at myself as I think about him, my mind wandering to him as it does every morning.

I get up and take a shower, the usual routine. I get changed into some high waisted shorts, a loose fitting white top and my white Vans. I apply my natural make-up as always and grab my sunglasses noticing its a sunny day.

I walk downstairs to see Hayley with a suspicious look on her face, it's almost like she feels sorry for me. I look at her confused before asking what's wrong, "everything okay Hayles?"

She slowly looks down at the magazine in front of her and then back to me. "I think you should see this" she hands me the magazine and I glance at the cover seeing the main story of the day...

"Harry Styles has amazing time with blonde in London clubs!" I read and looked to the picture alongside it seeing him with his arm around a girl with blonde hair as she wraps her arm around his waist. I open the magazine to the correct page and see pictures of her kissing him; my heart sank as I saw the pictures, I could feel my eyes water until a single tear dropped from my right eye, my mouth agape. I looked to Hayley and saw the sympathy on her face, I wiped my tears and composed myself. "It's fine, nothing was official anyway. He can do what he wants, it's his life." I closed the magazine slowly catching final glimpses of the pictures before shutting it completely.

"Are you okay Em's?" she asked full of concern.

"I'm fine thanks Hayles. Erm... Im gonna go and see mum and dad for a couple of days, you can stay here if you want okay? Take care of yourself and I'll see you in a few days." I sniffled and gave her a hug, I then walked upstairs and packed my bags before heading out the front door.

About 2 hours into my journey I rang my mum putting her on speaker phone as I continued driving.

"Hi mum!" I spoke happily not wanting her to know I've been crying.

"Hey love! You okay? You sound like you've been crying?" she knows me too well...

"Yeah I'll explain everything when I get there, I'm gonna come and visit for a couple of days." I spoke.

"Okay babe, well I'll see you soon. Love you, drive safe!" she shouted as I ended the call. Only 2 and a half hours left. Oh joy...

------{Harry's POV}------

I woke up this morning feeling fine. I didn't drink enough last night to get drunk so I was fairly sober throughout. I spent a lot of my time talking to people I hadn't seen in ages; a few distant family members that came, old school friends and people I'd met along the way. It was a really good night, but I know it would have been even better if Emma was there.

I dragged myself out of bed, immediately missing the warmth, to go shower and get dressed. I decided to text Emma and ask if she was up to anything today.

Me: Hey Em's! Do you want to do something today? .xx

I waited a good half an hour before getting a reply.

Em's: I can't today.

I was confused. She normally replies straight away and she seemed really blunt with me. I decided to send her another message.

Me: You okay babe? .xx

I waited 20 minutes...

Em's: Yeah, I'm fine thanks.

I stare at my phone confused until I was interrupted by the lads banging on my front door. I walked over to it and unlocked it, letting them all in and sitting back on the sofa. They gave me a magazine and waited for my reaction as I read the front cover, "Harry Styles has amazing time with blonde in London clubs!" I rolled my eyes and sighed at the lads, wondering why they were giving me this.

"Why are you giving me this? You know it's not true." I asked frustrated by what the were trying to say.

"Yeah, but Emma doesn't!" Liam exclaimed. Then it all made sense, the blunt texts, the weird mood... She read it, and now she thinks I don't like her! My eyes widened and I looked at the lads.

"Shit!" I scrabbled to my feet and started to ring Emma, going through to voicemail every time. "What am I gonna do?!" Liam grabbed my phone and typed her number into his own, putting it on speaker phone and waiting for her to answer.

"Hello?" her soft voice rang though the phone.

"Hey Emma, I was just wondering if you are okay? Harry said he couldn't get through to you and he's getting pretty worried." Liam said as the rest of us stayed quiet, waiting for her reply. I heard her sniffle and my heart broke knowing that she had been crying.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, there's no need." she sniffled trying to mask the fact she had been crying, I could hear the fake smile in her voice.

"Don't say that, of course we'll worry about you! You're our friend," Liam smiled and continued "anyway take care of yourself! If you need anything just call us okay? I'll give the lads your number so you can message them too! We're always here." he re-assured her.

"Thanks Liam, I'll see you soon." with that said, she hung up.

"Well you need to find out where she is." Zayn mentioned.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll go to her house and check there first" the boys nodded in agreement.

I ran to my car and hopped in, driving as fast as I could to Emma's house. I needed to find her, she could be anywhere and it's my fault! I need to put things straight. I arrived at the house and found her car gone, I knocked furiously on the front door in hopes that someone would answer. Hayley opened the door, and she didn't looked to pleased...

___________________________

Comment and vote please :) Thank you!

- Pianogirl56