Chapter 34.

Chapter 34:

------{Harry's POV}------

I got to the venue and it was quiet. I parked my car and got out, locking it as I do so. I placed my phone into my pocket and walked towards the large wooden doors; Pushing the doors open revealed the dark venue, making me realise that all of the lights were off. I cautiously walked forward, slowly stepping further into the room.

The next thing I knew the lights switched on, almost blinding me and causing me to squint at the brightness. I heard an enormous cheer as I looked over the balcony to see a crowd of familiar people; my family, old school friends, the lads and their girlfriends, friends I've met in the last few years, everyone was there, except one person. I couldn't see Emma.

Observing the cause of loud boom that echoed around the hall, I shook my head and brought myself back to reality knowing that I could be miserable in front of everyone. I smiled and waved to the crowd and descended down the stairs and onto the floor to greet my guests. After multiple 'hello's and 'thank you's, the music started pounding and the lights turned off, only to be replaced by strobe lights and multicoloured lights creating a disco-like atmosphere on the dance floor. It looked a lot like a club, everyone dancing and drinking, having a good time.

I walked over to my families table, giving everyone a hug and thanking them for coming. "So are you surprised?" my mum asked over the music, her arm wrapped around my waist as she snuggled comfortingly into my side.

"Yeah! How did all of this happen? How are you here?" I replied still stunned as I glanced down at her smiling expression.

"Well the lads called us during the week, they told us about the party and asked if we could make it. Happy Birthday sweetie!" she said, explaining to me. I nodded and gave her a kiss on the cheek - happy to see her.

"Hey Gem." I said giving her a hug as she ruffled my hair. Instead of fixing it I simply pushed her playfully, causing a mini nudging fight to break out between the two of us, the entire table chuckling at our sibling antics.

"Happy Birthday Harry." she smiled and laughed after we had finished messing.

"Hey Robin." I said and shook his hand. These greeting continued as I made my way around the tables, saying hello to all of my family members.

"Hey dad." I said giving him a hug, to which he returned, patting my back as we pulled away.

"Hey son, happy birthday!" he smiled. "Are you enjoying it?"

"Yeah, I'm still a bit shocked to be honest." I chuckled, "Did the lads ring you up as well?" I asked. I was surprised when he shook his head.

"Erm, no actually." he hesitated but kept his glance on me as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, "Emma popped 'round during the week and asked if I could make it. She's a really lovely girl." he said. I looked at him with wide eyes and my eyebrows furrowed.

"You've seen Emma?" I asked dumbfounded not really wanting to believe that he had seen her in the last week.

"Yeah," he looked at me sadly, I could tell he knew about our fight, "don't worry about it Harry, just let her explain." he replied, patting my back once more reassuringly. I nodded slightly and made my way over to the lads; I gave Perrie, Dani, El and Hayley hugs and pecks on the cheek and thanking them for their birthday wishes. Turning to the lads my smile widened, seeing them in funny positions for when I turned around. I laughed hysterically at them and sat down at our table.

"So you guys did all this then?" I asked them, raising my arms to insinuate the party.

"Kind of." Louis said, I looked confused but allowed them to explain.