A Surprise Nobody Saw Coming

Start from the beginning

“That’s good,” She murmurs, leaning her head on my chest. “I’ve known too. I just didn’t want to get you involved in my fucked up life.”

“…It’s not that fucked up. I’ve survived worse.”

She snorts. “Like what?”

“Being with Nora for a week.” I shudder. “It was so cold…and scary…”

--------------------------------\0/--------------------------------

“Whose suppose to pick us up again?”

Nora sighs, causing static on the phone. “Well, Henry is suppose to be there. But who knows, maybe he went for a drink.”

I glance around the luggage area in the airport. “You told him to meet us around Luggage Nine, right?”

“Yep. He’s not there, is he?”

“I’m sure we’ll find him…maybe he got stuck in traffic.”

“Or maybe he faked getting stuck in traffic.”

“Who the hell fakes getting stuck in traffic?”

“You would do that, Bart.”

I crack a grin. “Yeah, you’re right. I would.” My eyes catch onto something. “Gotta go. I think I see Henry.”

“Alright, see you when you get here. NO, DON’T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH, CODY, YOU DON’T EAT - ” She hangs the phone up, and I guess I’ll never figure out what little Cody was trying to swallow.

“I think I see Henry, over there,” I point to a wave of people.

She gives me a look. “Yeah, I can see him clear as day.”

“YO, YOU WITH THE FACE!”

I wasn’t expecting everybody to look our way. Well, a shit load of people turn around, and I force Harley to start walking with me. “YO, HENRY! OVA HERE, DOG!”

I see Henry in the midst of the crowd whirl around, shooting me a glare. He hates when I embarrass him, which just makes it more fun. “Don’t say that ever again,” He hisses lowly at me when we get close enough.

I grin cheekily at him. “I missed you too.”

He nods at Harley. “Still alive, are we?”

“For now,” She sighs.

So we head out into Henry’s car, and he takes us to the family house. The same one I lived in four years ago, when I met bat shit crazy Nora. I missed this baby. We all get out, Harley grabbing her suitcase, and we all head inside.