You smoke?

After Pony let me go, He looked at him and couldn't believe I was here.
"Gee, You didn't get much taller!" He kidded as I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "You hush!" I snapped as Soda threw his arms over Ponys shoulder. "Gosh, he's been no stop talking 'bout you moving in since last Wednesday!" I looked at Pony blushing as he scratched his head.

Pony had always been bashful, a bit of a quieter kid. Humble and Gullible Little Ponyboy.
When we's were kids, Anything Soda told him, he believed. Soda once told him there was a million dollars waiting for him if he won the race home. Pony won, but Soda just said someone must of took the money.

"I'm going to bed. It's been nice seeing y'all!" I said as I waved goodbye and tucked behind the hall doorway.
I threw my jeans off and Jacket on the floor, and unravelled my bra out, only wearing my shirt and socks.
I crashed on the Musty smelling quilt, tracing my fingers along the outline of the tulips and leaves.
Mr. And Mrs. Curtis were great folks. Always made me feel like their own daughter. Whenever Dad took me over, which was often, Mrs. Curtis would often braid my hair and place bows in it. She'd hum me songs and pick me up. She never had a daughter before, so she would pretend to be my mom, since I never had much of one.
Mr. Curtis Twirled me around and toss me in the air, and would tell my dad "It's best to keep her away from boys. She's gonna break heart I'm telling you!"
I had been 8 months. When Dad got a call from Darry, his dark brown eyes shook with fear and his black curly hair seemed to flatten. His Buff exterior and strong shoulders collapsed and he turned to me, and shook his head. I remembered his words "I promise you Darrell, You can always look to me, if you need anything."
Then, only 7 and a half months later, He'd be gone too.

Tears ran down my face, as I turned towards the window and listened to the boys chatter.
The white streetlights shown through the window, illuminating my face and silhouetting the shutters.
I closed my eyes and slept, dreaming about what could of been.

~

When I awoke, The sun was glimmering on my face, and the radio softly playing Elvis Presley's "Love me Tender".
I felt the cool Tulsa breeze, a rare event, come through the small opening in the window.
I lifted myself up and took in a deep breathe, stretching.
I walked out to see Soda cooking eggs and chocolate cake. Quite the mix, if I says so myself. Darry was reading the Paper and Pony was on the deck, Staring outside.
"I imagine you had a nice sleep the way you snored last night" Darry said, tussling the paper.
"I don't snored!" I protested, crossing my arms and throwing myself on the kitchen chair
"And apparently you don't wear pants!" Soda said, flipping the eggs, giggling.
I looked down. Luckily, my shirt was long enough so no one could see me in my underwear. It didn't matter, anyhow. Darry told me he used to change my diapers when I was 1 or 2.
"What's daydreamer doing out there?" I asked, as he didn't seem to hear me. Darry looked outside and saw Pony sitting down and staring out the window. Smiling, he turned back to me and shrugged. "I never bother to ask."
"C'mon, Hon! I'll make your eggs soft if you don't come inside!" Soda yelled from the kitchen.
Pony turned around and opened the scratched screen door. "You better not!" He said then Stopped. "Hey, Jack, How was your sleep?"
I shrugged "alright I guess."
I remember what I thought about last night, our folks and all.
"Wanna head to the Lot this morning?" Pony asked shovelled his cake down.
I nodded, sipping the last of my chocolate milk.
"Yeah sure."
Pony smiled and Lit his cancer stick, taking a long drag of it. He looked at me and smiled.
"You smoke?" He asked, putting the lighter in his pocket. I shook my head. "Nah, but I don't mind you smokin'."
Dad smoked. In the car, in the house, anywhere. But our house never smelled like smoke. He always opened the window and made sure he was blowing the smoke out the window.
"Let me get dressed."