"Oh cool, thanks." She replied cheerfully.

She shared a look with Nathan.

She covered Angel's ears before mumbling, "You better talk to her or Ima beatcho' ass."

Nathan sucked his teeth.

"Little girl, take yo ass in that kitchen. You don't run me." He bucked at her and smiled as she rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen.

He turned back to me and his smile immediately drops.

I sighed and pulled my feet under me on the couch.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes before Natalie shouts, "I don't hear talking!"

We both shared a laugh before we make eye contact.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out before he can look away from me.

"Okay." He said and rested an arm across the back of the couch before he looked away from me.

This is harder than I thought it would be.

"Nate...I'm trying to apologize to you, okay? You're making this really hard for me." I mumbled.

"So now I'm Nate? What happened to Nathan?" He stated sarcastically with a roll of his eyes.

Even though his face was aggravated, I saw the hurt in his eyes.

I really hurt him.

"Look, I like you a lot and...it scares the hell out of me because I don't want to get attached to another man again. But I can't not get attached to you." I admited and his eyes slide from the floor to my face so I kept talking. "You're such an amazing man. You're kind and caring and you treat Angel like she's your own daughter. And somehow you managed to care for me even though I'm in a really fucked up place right now." I forced out a laugh as my eyes water. "But you...you make me happy. So damn happy that I forget about all of my problems. You make me forget about how unsure I am at times and how I seem to cry from just about everything." I take a deep breath.

"I want that happiness everyday because it makes me happy. You make me happy. And I don't want to lose you. I-I..." I gathered my words and tried again but nothing came out.

"Stop." He commanded quietly, putting Angel on her play mat on the floor. "Stop talking."

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

I just poured my heart out to him and he wants me to stop talking?

"You don't have to keep talking. I know you like me. I know I make you happy. I already know what you want. But how about what I want?" He crossed his arms across his chest.

I realized I never actually asked him what he wanted.

I'm so selfish.

"Well what do you want?" I asked.

"I want to be with someone who feels the same way. Someone who isn't afraid that I'll just up and leave one day because of past experiences with another dude. Someone who isn't afraid to tell me about their past because I would never judge them." He stopped and I looked up to see him staring directly at me. "Never. That's not my character and you know it. I love so many things about you. The way your eyes shine when you're happy. The way you pout when you're sad. God, I love the cute little pout you make." He chuckled which makes me smile. "I love how all over the place you are. I love how when you're about to cry your bottom lip trembles a little bit. Like now...Damn it. And I'm sorry for ignoring you these past few days but I was hurt for real. I only came here today cause I couldn't help it. If you told me to leave you alone and never come back, I'd do it just to make you happy. You got a hold on me girl," He paused and held a hand out. "Come here."