A new friend

It had been about a month or so in to the 5th grade and it was in way or another, boring. I didn't have any friends, i didnt like my teacher, and i wasn't in the GT class i wanted to be in, so it wasn't exactly "fun".

The worse part of it was recess, the part of school that would be the best part for most people would be my personal hell. Since i didnt have any friends i would just walk around the playground trying to look like i didn't care for 15 minutes,which failed inevitable.

Then one day we had went out to recess again and i decided to set down next to a tree looking at rocks because i was tired of walking. Then when i was looking at a rock something unexpected happened, someone talked to me. I looked up and i saw a girl from my class, who i had forgotten the name of, that was standing over me. She had said "hi" to me,which i reciprocated, then she sat down next to me.

For the rest of recess we looked at rocks and talked until we had to go back inside. I thought this was only a one-time thing, but the next day at recess the girl, who's name i learned was kayla, sat next to me again. We had kept talking and soon became friends and i didn't think that anything would ever stop that but boy was i wrong.