Chapter 17- Distractions are a Girl's Best Friend

“Get up you lazy ass!” I yelled, pouncing on Alex’s bed. She groaned and flipped over, mumbling something incoherent into her pillow. I wacked her shoulder again before sighing in defeat.

“Rachel, you better be up too.” I warned her as she groaned from the bed behind me. I rolled my eyes, normally I wasn’t a morning person but I really needed them to get up.

“Guys,” I whined. “Please get up. I want to show you something!” I begged with a pout.

Alex cleared her throat and opened one eye slowly. “What is so important that you need to wake me up now?” She asked. My eyes flicked to the glowing red alarm clock next to her bed. It wasn’t that early in all honesty, only a little past eight in the morning.

Plus, we did have school but not until one, there was some weird orientation program for the new students coming the following year so classes were cancelled in the morning.

“Just please get up, it’s a surprise!” I squealed. I was so proud of my handy work.

 It was time I did something to get my mind off of everything that has been happening and just relax. Normally I would be against the idea, but I was planning on skipping classes for the day.

Their was an orientation on today for new students enrolling the following year, so morning classes were cancelled so teachers could show possible students around the campus.

They’re generally a little more lenient towards the older students so my teachers wouldn’t care if I didn’t show up for afternoon classes, it wasn’t compulsory for seniors to show up to class today anyway as most teachers would be busy with the orientation.

“Do we have to?” Rachel’s croaky voice called from under her pink pillow. 

“Yes.” I deadpanned. I was so sure I’d already made that point clear.

“But we don’t have class! I wanna sleep in.” Rachel muttered grumpily as she ran a hand through her messy blonde curls. I chuckled at the dark streaks of makeup surrounding her eyes.

“Rachel, I think you forgot to take your eye makeup off last night.” I laughed. She furrowed her eyebrows over her blue eyes that stood out remarkably from the black.

She stood up and shuffled to the bathroom. I heard her small shriek and guessed she caught sight of her reflection.

I smiled, Rachel was up and out of bed, now it’s Alex’s turn. With an evil smile on my face, I turned around and quickly ripped Alex’s comforter off of her body.

She squealed from the cold air and curled up. “Lara! I swear when I wake up properly I’m going to kill you!” She shrieked.

I just chuckled and walked towards the door. My job was done; there was no way they’d be falling back to sleep now. Not after I switched off their cooling system.

The mornings here were brutally cold. I couldn’t get to sleep unless I had two jumpers on and about seven layers of blankets on top of me. I guess that’s what is expecting up in the mountains.

“Just get up, get dressed and meet me in the common room in ten minutes.” I called behind me and shut the door.

I quickly slipped into my dorm and grabbed a knitted cardigan to put over the top of my black top and tip toed down the stairs to the common room.

The large room was empty when I entered which brought a smile to my face. That means there wouldn’t be a line waiting to use the coffee machine. I switched the little on button and dropped a coffee capsule into the top before pressing start.