Chapter 5- Disturbing suprises

Chapter 5- Disturbing Surprises

After a rather interesting morning at the cafeteria, the group split up and all went to do their own thing. Michael and Jenna walked off towards Michael's dorm room, his arm draped around her shoulder. The couple shot glares over their shoulders when Peter and Alex started making cat calls and comments as to what the two were going to go do in Michael's room.

Alex left soon after with a short goodbye, mumbling something about finding her CD collection under all of Rachel's stuff. That just left me, Rachel and Peter. Rachel smiled at me and hoisted her handbag higher up her shoulder. Why she needed a handbag for breakfast was beyond me.

"Well, I'm going to the library. If I'm going to find Mr Moore anywhere, he'll be there so wish me luck." She smiled brightly again and sauntered off in the direction where the library probably was.

I chuckled quietly as I remembered the conversation about a certain hot teacher Rachel and I had shared last night. I was almost tempted to follow her in the hopes of seeing the mystery teacher. Peter cleared his throat, successfully snapping me out of my thoughts.

"So, I was wondering...." He trailed off, staring down at his shoes. I couldn't help but smile at his shyness. It was cute.

"Yes?" I questioned, now curious.

"Well, seeing that you don't really know very many people here and classes start soon, I was wondering if you wanted to come to this party tonight. Kind of like an 'end of holidays' kind of thing?" He stared into my eyes, waiting for my reaction.

I brightened at the idea of a party. I needed a bit of fun and it had been a while since I went to my last one. It hadn't ended so well...

I had unfortunately caught my boyfriend of four months dry humping some random chick in my own room. As the party had been hosted at my house, I couldn't exactly leave the party after I had punched the jerk in the nose so instead, I spent the rest of the night curled up in the tree house my father had helped me build when I was a kid.

"Lara, are you in there?" Peter waved a hand in front of my face, watching me anxiously. I mentally shook my head of all things to do with Jeremy, my now ex-boyfriend and smiled up at the guy in front of me who was looking at me like I was a crazy person.

"Yeah, sorry, I zone out a lot. You'll get used to it." I answered nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders. "But yes, I will go. Who else is going?"

"Michael, Rach, Jenna, Alex. So you'll know all them, apart from that... just about the whole of the senior class."

"Ok. Well, I'll see you tonight then. I'm going to have a look around the school for a while. Try and find my way around." I said, turning to leave. A hand encircled my wrist, turning me back around. I stared into Peter's blue eyes in confusion.

"Well... do you want company? I mean, I can show you around for a bit and stuff." He rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding my eyes. I smiled at the idea of getting to know him better. Not only was he hot but he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy.

"Sure. Come on then!" I cried, pulling him along. He laughed at my enthusiasm but followed none-the-less. We walked for a while in silence, me just staring up at the high arched wooden roof and the long stone corridors. It was lined with numerous doors that upon closer inspection I realised were in fact classrooms. The school was massive.

"It's big isn't it?" Peter voiced my thought. I laughed at his statement and the innuendo it held.

"That's what she said..." I muttered, still laughing. Peter blanched and a blush formed on his tanned cheeks, making him look positively adorable, but eventually he cracked a smile and chuckled as well.