Ch. 1 Decisions

Bella’s POV

I’m Bella and I’m 17 years old, anyways I have lived in Forks, Washington for three years now, but before that I like with my mom Renee and her boyfriend Phil. I don’t like remembering my time with them because it was the worst part of my life. You ask why? Well try living with people who abuse, hate, and sexually harass you all the time!  It sucks!  Renee always had told me that I was a mistake and that she hated me. Way to go trying to boost my self-esteem mom! Anyways, Phil on the other hand was always sexually harassing me, which ended up with me arguing with him. My mom would get mad at him for it, but ended up blaming me saying that I was a tramp. I bet you guys are wondering about my dad right? Well Renee has never told me much about him when I asked her. She had just told me his name was Charlie and that he was the worst thing that had ever happened to her. Oh yea also that he had ruined her life.  Which I doubt, I bet that she was the worst thing that happened to him because she is such a bitch. I bet that’s why he left her because he couldn’t stand her ass. I honestly don’t blame him because I couldn’t stand her either. You’re probably wondering now what I do in Forks by myself, well I’m a stripper.  I have been since I was 15; which also when I moved here. I know what you’re thinking “what’s wrong with you?!”  To be honest I don’t like being a stripper, but it’s the only thing that keeps me from thinking about my past.  You wonder how I was able to run away?  Well I’ll tell you! I remember everything clearly. It was a sunny afternoon in Phoenix……

“Bella! Come here!” Phil yelled. I groaned and got up from bed leaving my homework laying there. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. “What do you want?” I snapped.

“Watch it little girl!” he growled.

“What the hell do you want?” I snapped again.

“I’ve had enough of you!” and he slapped me across the face with so much force that I fell on the floor.  I looked up and he had gotten on the floor getting on top of me taking my shirt off.

“Stop it!! What the hell are you doing?!” I tried shoving him off me, but I wasn’t succeeding with it.

“Oh shut up! You know you want it as much as I do!” he started kissing my neck, I was so disgusted and I kept pushing him until I kicked him in the groin. He moaned in pain and got off me. I ran up my room and locked the door. I grabbed my suitcase from under my bed and started packing everything that I could. I opened my door a little and still could hear Phil moaning in pain and yelling profanities downstairs so I quickly went to Renee and Phil’s room to get money. I knew it was in a shoe box in the closet so I grabbed all the money that was in there.  I put the money in my purse and ran downstairs and out the door.

I heard Phil yell, “Where are you going? Come back! I’m not done with you!” he was running after me now, so I ran faster.

“Well I’m done with you and Renee!” I yelled back and kept running until I couldn’t see him anymore. My heart was beating like crazy and my breath was uneven. I started walking, when I saw a cab. I started running toward it and I got in it and told him to take me to the airport. I kept looking back scared that Phil would be behind following, but I never saw him. As we got closer to the airport I panicked. What was I thinking! Where am I going to go! I started thinking New York… nah…Florida…nah… Illinois…no…California… no…Texas…no…Virginia…nah…Rhode Island…no…ugh! Why was this so hard!  I kept thinking, when it hit me. Washington State! That’s it! I heard there was a small town named Forks, where it always rains. They would never think of looking for me there since they know I hate any cold wet thing. When I got to the airport, I got a ticket to Washington. There was only an airport in Seattle, so I would have to get a cab to Forks. I sat down and waited for my flight which wasn’t until 5:30pm and it was only four so I decided to relax and think. I closed my eyes hearing the murmuring of the people around me.  Then I thought “what am I going to do in Forks!” I was only 15; I can’t get a place of my own yet. What was I thinking! I should of gone to the cops instead! I was about to make my mind up and go to the cops, but decided why not have an adventure.

Later that night I arrived in Forks and decided to get a room at a motel until I decided what I was going to do. The next day I decided to go explore, so I went to Port Angeles. I was walking down the street too busy to notice where I was going when I bumped into someone.

“I’m so sorry!” I said

“Don’t worry its fine.” The lady said. She was very beautiful; she was tall and had long curly red hair. She was walking with someone else that looked like her sister she had the same features as her.  When the lady looked at me she looked kind of shocked. I felt uncomfortable, so I started walking away but she grabbed my arm.

“Wait! Don’t go!” She pleaded.  I stopped and looked back

“Hi I’m Victoria Hunter and this is my sister Anne Hunter.”  She said.

“Hi I’m Bella.” I said shyly.

“I know this is going to sound weird, but you’re a very beautiful young girl and I work at a strip club. I’m the boss so I get to hire girls and I was wondering if you would want to join us?” I stared at her in shock. Was she being serious?

“I would understand if you can’t because of your parents, but you see my sister Anne here owns a restaurant that’s next to the strip club and when parents of the girls go to see their daughters working there she calls me to bring the girl over, so I send her over while her parent is over there…” she said. I decided to tell them the truth about my life. I mean I had to tell someone sooner or later.

“Can I tell u girls something?” I asked

“Of course, would you like to go into that café over there?” Anne asked

“Sure.” I replied and we started walking over there. We sat down and we ordered some coffee. I looked up at them deciding if I should tell them. They seemed friendly enough to tell them my life.

“I ran away from home...” I paused and looked at them and they looked like they weren’t surprised, so I continued. “…because my mom and her boyfriend were the worst people I have ever met.” I confessed

“We hear this all the time from girls just like you. Its ok Bella, we promise we won’t tell anyone. Your secret is safe with us.” Anne said sweetly.

“Do you want to tell us more? You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Victoria said. I nodded and told them everything. It seemed like hours had passed when I finished my unhappy story. They looked at me with compassion in their eyes and for once I felt safe.

“We are so sorry you had to go through that.” Anne said

Then Victoria said, “You know… I went through something similar…only… I was…” she took a deep breath “…raped…” She put her face in her hands and Anne put her arm around her and hugged her shoulders tightly.  I didn’t know what to say. “I’m so sorry...” was all I was able to say.

“It’s fine.” She said with a half- smile then then she said, “So what do you say? Will you work for me? You can move with us and one of the other girls. We’ll also give you food and we’ll take care of you.”  I thought about it, but the idea of dancing almost naked on the strip pole, dancing on guys, and having guys touching me was just sickening! But I felt that it was going to be the only way that I would make it here.

“Ok, I’ll do it under one condition.” I said slowly

“Sure, anything you want.” Victoria said.

I took a deep breath and said, “I don’t want to have sex with any of the costumers.” She pursed her lips and thought about it, “Fine then, we have a deal!” she said with a smile. I smiled back, but I was nervous and scared because I didn’t know if I would make it through my new job and before I was found….

Comment! :)