Prompt #10

so i havent written shit in like a month so this is some dumbass thing i just wrote to get back into it idk i didn't proofread so bear with me.

also ??? holy shit ?????? this is at 3.5k reads what the fuck i barely thought i'd get like 4 ok omg thank you to everybody who reads my shit it's super cool

the run down: basically just like domestic!malum with no real plot or anything idk it's really weird idk

----

Calum had always been a morning person.

He was the kind of person who liked to be up to watch the sunrise and to brew up a cup of (black) coffee as he did so. He and Ashton made a good pair when it came to that - they both enjoyed early morning ventures and early breakfasts and being awake in general. They were the half of the band that could easily live off of five hours a night and not feel any affects from doing so, something that could not be said about the other two.

Calum loved making memories in the early hours of the day; he felt the most alive at 6 A.M. His favorite place to watch the sunrise was the beach, as cliche as it sounds, due to the gentle lapping of the water and the colossal amounts of sand dollars washed ashore from the night's high tide. Calum liked the bring his small collection of shells on tour with him. (They reminded him of home and of comfort and of calm.)

The Hood parents' could easily tell you that they had believed Calum would date the boy, Ashton, because they were so very much alike when it came to a need for simplistic objects. It came as a rather huge surprise to them, although they really should've expected it, when Calum had brought his boyfriend to his childhood home for dinner.

Michael?!

They had asked, confused.

They loved Michael, of course they did. He was boisterous and loud but shy and sweet, and he was Calum's very (first) best friend. He was the polar opposite of Calum, however. While Calum found solace in the sun's early rays, Michael found comfort in the darkness of the night.

The blue haired boy was happy to stay in his bed for an entire day, while his counterpart couldn't stand not doing something - it made him antsy and a feeling of 'trapped' would slowly travel through his veins.

Even their tastes were opposites. Calum liked his coffee as black as the nights of which Michael thrived, but by God did Michael hate the very scent of the dark drink. He preferred a cold Stella Artois to be clenched between his thighs as he worked anxiously to finish the next level of whatever game he had been playing on that day.

Michael was the moon; Calum was the sun.

So, maybe that was why the two fit so beautifully. They were opposites, sure, but two suns or two moons would never create such a beautiful canvas as a pair composed of each had done.

Sure, Calum got lonely in the mornings as he sipped on his bitter drink.

Sure, Michael could feel the quiet of the night seeping into his bones as his lover lay, asleep, upstairs or in his bunk.

But, they fit.

----

Calum's internal alarm had him awake and energized at 5 A.M. - a feat that Michael could probably not achieve if he had tried. Still wrapped up in the warm comforters of his bed, Calum turned his chocolatey brown eyes to look at the smaller boy curled into his side. A lips turned up in a small smile, love and affection blooming in his breast and a warm, fuzzy feeling circulating his stomach.

Home.

That's what the boy was, to Calum. He was safe and he was warm and he was calm and he was home. With plump red lips and thick, beautiful thighs and innocence glinting within emerald eyes, the boy had stolen Calum's heart. With love and compassion and boisterous giggles, the boy had captured Calum's attention and therefore, Michael had him. Michael, with all of his dazzling characteristics, had easily won over the bronze-skinned, big hearted boy with a love for music.

Calum allowed himself to press a light kiss to his partner's nose, holding back a giggle at the way Michael subconsciously scrunched up his little nose. The taller slid, quietly, out of bed before turning, once again, to give his lover a loving look.

In his sleep, Michael had unconsciously moved closer to the side of the bed Calum had occupied previously. His eyebrows furrowed slightly as he shifted, but soon calmed as his head burrowed into Calum's own pillow.

He shook his head, smiling, as he pulled on a pair of loose sweats and a pair of worn - but still incredibly soft - slippers. The younger boy made his way down the stairs to their kitchen, humming a soft tune that he couldn't quite place but knew nevertheless. Calum's slippers slapped near-silently against the hardwood flooring, months of practice allowing soft steps to come naturally to his movements.

Calum started to brew a cup of coffee for himself and got out the necessary ingredients for hot chocolate. Knowing that when he had to wake Michael up for a day of promo the boy would be grumpy, he decided that it would be best to have his favorite drink prepared.

After starting up the Keurig - that Calum specifically bought to fulfill Michael's odd hot chocolate cravings - Calum slowly climbed back up the steps to his peacefully sleeping boy.

Michael was splayed, starfish, across the Cal King mattress, comforter tangled around his milky white thighs. They were a stark contrast to the black faux fur blanket, which was something that had always managed to amuse Calum. A sense of pride washed over him, too, as he got closer and could still see faint bruises scattered sporadically upon his narrow hips from days prior.

The darker-skinned boy brushed a hand over Michael's cheek and whispered lovely nothings into his ear. Calum pressed soft kisses onto his cheeks and his nose and his forehead, coaxing the smaller boy into awareness. The former knew his plan had worked as a soft yawn escaped his baby boy's mouth, plump lips stretching as his mouth opened wide. Black eyelashes fluttered, dazed, against pink-tinted cheeks as Michael struggled to escape the claws of sleep.

"Come on, baby boy. Wake up, we gotta go soon." Calum whispered, petting his boyfriend's hair with one hand as the other cupped his cheek. It was a slow process, awaking Michael. But to Calum it was worth it; he loved seeing his baby shift into consciousness, seeing his dazed emerald eyes blink into focus.

"Awake," Michael slurred, voice rough and slurred with sleep. Again, he yawned quietly. He lifted a small hand to rub softly at his blurry eyes and slowly blinked them open. Michael was greeting with Calum and his fond smile. He tried again, " 'm awake."

Calum was sitting there looking so, so fond. His black sweats hung low, low enough that the waistband just barely allowed the small MGC tattoo to peak out from his left hip. It made Michael smile, warm and soft.

"I made hot chocolate," Calum began, helping Michael to ease up slowly as the blood rushed from his head and the heat left his body. Michael whimpered at the cold, but was quieted by Calum pulling the smaller to his own toned chest. "I love you, baby."

"Love you too, Cal." The boy mumbled, smiling up at his boyfriend. His emerald eyes locked with Calum's own chocolate ones, causing small smiles to etch themselves onto both of their faces. "Love you a lot."