Prompt #7

i just found this hidden in my drafts and i have no idea when i wrote this what the fuck ++ HEY EVERYBODY! JUST DROPPED FOR ME I AM DEAD PRAISE JESUS AND GOD AND EVERY DEITY YOU BELIEVE IN

-----

Michael glared at the clock.

The offensive thing had been clicking away the minutes, no wait, hours, and it was beginning to make the black haired boy very upset. Four hours, 22 minutes, and 43 seconds late.

Michael hated the clock.

It made the knot in his stomach tighten, and the urge to cry that much larger as he watched it tic, tic, tic the minutes away. Michael wanted to be angry, he wanted to be so fucking angry, but all he could find in himself was sadness and anxiety and maybe just a little (a lot) of insecurity.

Michael wanted to smash the fucking thing to pieces right now.

Four hours, 34 minutes, 14 seconds Michael's head chimed, causing him to bite back a sob of despair. He swallowed it down, though, and turned instead to the dinner he had successfully made. Michael was known for his inability to cook even the simplest of things, but be had put his mind to it, and he created a cute little pasta dinner with nicely sliced french bread and meatballs.

But, the food was left to waste as Michael sat alone. He couldn't bring himself to eat the now-cold food he had spent so much effort to cook in the first place, deciding to just sit and wait.

God, Michael hated waiting.

He barely held back a whimper as the clock struck 1AM. Calum had been adamant that he would be home by 8PM tonight, but five hours later, he was nowhere to be seen. Michael normally wouldn't care, he obviously knew the implications of being in a world famous band, except for the text he had received at 8:07PM.

from: calpal ♡
hey babe, won't be home until late tonight. ash and i are going out for some drinks !!

Which obviously stated the one simple truth that Michael could distinguish from this encounter: Calum had forgot about their one year anniversary. That hurt.

"Maybe I got the dates wrong. Maybe our anniversary is January 20th and not January 19th?" Michael stated aloud, turning his blank stare from the table back to the Hell-spawned clock that was still merrily tic tok'ing away. But, he knew that he was right; that Calum had forgotten the date, not him.

He stood up, not bothering to move any of the food or plates, and made his way to the guest bedroom. Michael did not want to see Calum any time soon. So, he locked the door, stripped himself of his clothes, shut off his phone, and fell onto the mattress.

No matter how hard he tried, Michael could not fall asleep. His body had made itself so sick with worry and dread, that every few minutes he had to swallow down the bile that was trying to fight its way up his mouth. Michael could only imagine what Calum was getting up to at the club, considering he was an extremely horny drunk, and many a time did Mike have to pry a humping Calum off of Luke.

"Calum would never cheat though, especially with Ashton there to supervise him." Michael tried to reason with himself, curling into a fetal position on his side. He could already tell that there was no way that he would get any sleep tonight.