Chapter 12: Green Tea.

C H A P T E R 12: Grean Tea.

My mum came for us and while that happened. Ethan tried his best to make me smile. Even though he did pretty well I still had in mind my grandma. I noticed my mum came alone and I'm guessing my dad decide to stay at the funeral place. I decided to sit in the back seat of the car along with Ethan. Ethan told my mum his condolences and from there it was kinda silence. Except for  the music of the radio, we were currently listening to 'Hello' by Adele. As you may know I love that song it gives me chills In a good way.

We arrived to the place. It was obviously a building, it had a green area outside for people who are just in a very bad condition that have to go outside to get air (I don't know if that made any sense). There was people outside who I don't really know. We got out of the car. The atmosphere there was so... Bad (I don't find words to explain). We started walking to the place, my mum was walking in front of us. We entered and you could see it was divided, I guess there's other funeral going on here, in a different room of course. I didn't mind it because it's pretty big. The  floor was like a brown color and the place had details in green. We continued walking until we reached the room were my grandmas funeral was going to be. People were sitting in chairs, others were standing talking to each other or crying. There were flowers everywhere in the room and of course the coffin we're my grandma was in the middle. Ethan gave his condolences to my dad and my dad thanked him, next I introduced him to some of my family.

"So you're Alexa's boyfriend?" Asked my Uncle Greg. He's the goofy uncle that I think everyone has, he's not in that mood right now and I don't really blame him, But he obviously knew Ethan wasn't my boyfriend.

"No Uncle. He's just a friend." I answered to my uncle before Ethan could and giggled, my uncle smiled as well did Ethan. We went to sit somewhere and the next thing was the speech. Each family member enough old had to give a speech. First went Aunt Marie, she's the older one out of the 4 child my grandma had. She could barely speak. She's the dramatic one of the family, she dramatizes everything, but this time she didn't dramatize.  After that went Uncle Greg, he made his best to not tear up and instead tried to make people feel better telling some funny stories the family shared with my grandma. As I said He's the goofy one out of the 4. Next went My dad and he was just normal. He didn't tear up but he wasn't goofy like uncle Greg, of course he made us laugh but nothing else than that, his speech was the wise one. Dad is the wise one out of the 4 of them. And finally Aunt Kyla, her speech was short and good, she was crying like Aunt Marie but I guess it's fine. She's the carefree and rebel even though she's, well not a teenager anymore. All 4 speeches made me cry, Aunts Marie cries made me cry. Uncles Greg funny stories with my grandma made me cry. Dads wise speech made me cry. And Aunts Kyla Speech made me cry. I was a crying mess as well as most people there. Next went some Grandchild aka my cousins, just the old ones. Some of them tried to speak but couldn't and end up the speech at half sentence. It was my turn.

"You can do it" Ethan whispered before I stood up. I just cleaned my tears gave him a little smile and nodded.

I started walking to the microphone my Cousin Jessica held out for me. I grabbed the microphone and thanked her. The room went silence like it was before and I could feel all the attention in me. All eyes and thoughts. So I took a deep breath.

Don't cry.

That's all i could think.

"I don't really know how to start this" I whispered and it earned some laughs. Well that wasn't meant for that but okay.

"We are here because we want to watch my grandmas body for as long as we can before...well you know. Even if she can't talk, sometimes the simple presence of the ones we love is enough. It destroys me the fact of thinking how I'm not gonna be able to see my grandma anymore, how I'm not gonna hear her voice or see her beautiful eyes..." I stopped and gripped the microphone tight and closed my eyes.