Chapter 8

I started running. I looked behind me and saw a hooded person running. I saw Ross' house and ran up to the door.

"Ross! Please open the door! Help me please!" I turned around and screamed.

I woke up screaming Bloody Mary. I quickly sat up and brust out crying. Ross quickly got up and hugged me.

"Taylor! What happened?" He said to me still hugging me.

"I was being chased and it took me."

"Who took you? Tay, please talk to me I need to stop worrying about you." Ross said rubbing my back.

"I don't know. Something did, Ross." I buried my face in his chest. He kissed my head and released me from his hug.

"I'm going to get your dad. Wait here." I nodded and Ross went to my dad's room. Ross came back with my dad.

"Sweetie, I think you need to go to sleep okay. Ross, could you keep an eye on her?" He said.

"Dad you have to believe me!" I yelled.

"Honey go to sleep." I opened my mouth to say something but he turned around and went to his room. I curled up next to Ross and he put his arm around me.

"You believe me right?"

"Oh yeah Tay I believe you." He said sarcastically.

"Ross!" I punched him lightly in his arm. He smiled and I laid down next to him. I quickly closed my eyes and fell asleep in his arms. I could feel him kissing my cheek. I smiled a little and then the dream started back up again. I opened my eyes again.

"Ross, I can't do this anymore." I got up and walked to my bathroom. I turned on the light and went to the cabinet. I saw some of my dad's pills and opened them. I could feel Ross behind me.

"Tay, don't do this." He said behind me. I didn't both to turn around.

"I have to, Ross. I need to." I put it on the counter. He spins me around and I look at his pleading face.

"No you don't. I'm not going to watch you die, Tay. Why do you want this to happen to you?" A comes down my face.

"I have had a very rough life, Ross. My mom dies and I had move away from my friends. People treat me like I'm an outsider and at school all of the guys want to have sex with me. Also Nathan happened and I'm all lost! Why is the whole world against me? Why does everyone think I'm weak and fragile, I can be sometimes but people think I am. Why does this only happen to me?" I start to cry and my feet feel like jelly. I grab onto the counter for balence but my hand is sweating. I slip back and fall onto the cold floor. Ross quickly sits next to me on the floor and starts to rub my back. I see a pill that dropped on the floor. I try and reach for it but Ross pulls me back.

"Ross! Please just this one pill! Ross! I need to get out of this world! Please!" I burst out crying and I keep saying that I want to die. Ross holds me in his arms and whispers, "Tay, you not going to let this happen to you. Get all your sadness and guilt out now. I'm right here. Shhhh! I'm right here." I take hold of his arm and try to get up. I slip again and fall in his arms. He holds me close and tears keep streaming down my face. I hear my dad walk into my room and he sees Ross and I inside my bathroom. I keep saying that I want to die in Ross' arms.

"Taylor! What's happening?" My dad asked.

"She said that she wants to die. She got out some pills and tried to take them. I wouldn't let her do that to herself. She fell and she said that everyone hates her." Taylor stops talking and starts to be breathing slowly. I look down at her and she is asleep.

"I think she is just tried and her emotions have been going everywhere, Ross. Ever since her mom has died she said she wanted to join her." I looked down at her again. Then up at her dad.

"Okay I know what to do." I gently pick her up and carry her over to her bed. I hear her dad leave as I start to put away the pills. I put in the cabinet again and head back to her bed. I lay a blanket on top of us and close my eyes.