Chapter 2

Melissa Hawthorn kidnapped. I read those words and looked up from my computer. Why would they have her id? Maybe it's just old or something. Maybe she just forgot it. I looked back down at my computer screen and saw a police report. I clicked on it and saw that she was never found. I typed up Lynch in the search bar. I saw Rydel on the computer screen. She looked very pretty. The next thing I saw was her twitter account plastered with caring comments and people saying that they miss her very much. I looked up Melissa Hawthorn on twitter and all I saw was people saying that the police are going to search until they can't find her. I looked over at my phone. 12:09. I put my laptop on the floor and went under the covers. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up and it was still dark out. I pickied up my phone and saw it was 4 in the morning. I slowly got up and walked to the kitchen. God! I'm hungry. I opened the fridge and started moving different food items around. I closed the fridge and I felt cold air on the back of my neck. I turned around and I saw... nothing. What is wrong with me? I went over to a cabinet and saw peanut butter. I grabbed the jar and a banana and fixed myself a little snack. I went upstairs to my room again and sat on the bed. I got my laptop out and looked at the school that I was going to. Marano High School. I groaned and picked up my banana and a bowl of peanut butter. I heard a tapping noise from outside. I looked outside and saw Ross. What was he doing here? I walked out on my balcony with my food.

"Why are you here? It's like 4 in the moring!" I said to him. I turned around to put my foods down on a table. I looked up and saw that he was gone. My mind must be playing tricks on me. I walked back inside and sat on my bed. I finished my snack and walked back downstairs. There was someone at the door. I slowly walked over to it. This would be the part when the audience would be like don't open the door, but I had to. I opened the door and walked outside. I looked around. I turned around to the door and a cloth was plastered on my mouth. I started screaming then my brain started pounding on my skull. My eyes started to get droopy and I fell into someone's arms.

When I woke up was in a basement. I looked around and saw I was in different outfit. It was a black nightgown. I slowly got up and went to the door. I started pounding on the door and someone opened it. Ross. I went up and hugged him.

"Rydel?" he said to me.

"No, it's Taylor. Where are we?" I said to him. He picked me up and laid me on the bed.

"Ross? What are you doing? We need to get out." He was straping me to the bed. Tears came down my face.

"Ross! Let me go! Please!" I started kicking. He picked a box of contacts and opened them up. My eyes are blue, but Rydel's is more of a hazel color. He got out a contact and laid it over my eye. He moved on to the other eye. Once that was put in he went through my purse. He took out my phone and wallet. He closed the door and locked it. I was left in the room with two lights. I started trying to move, but it useless. I kept trying move. My right arm got out of the strap. I moved on to my left arm and feet. When I was done I got up and saw a window on the side of the room. I opened the window and started running as fast as I can. I kept running and running. I felt someone behind me.

"Rydel! Stop!" Ross yelled from behind me. I just ran to my house as fast as I could. I opened the garage door and went up to my dad's room. I opened the door.

"Dad! Dad! Please wake up!" I yelled pushing him. He opened his eyes and his face changed. Ross. He grabbed me and my eyes opened. I was covered in sweat and I was breathing quickly. I sat up and looked at my phone. 9:25. I looked around and I was in my bedroom. I looked at my clothes and saw my pajamas still on me. I sighed. Thank god! It was only a dream. I went downstairs and saw my dad reading the paper.

"Hey!" He looked up. "What happened to you?" he said looking at my sweaty pajamas.

"Bad dream, I think." I said getting out the orange juice from the fridge. He nodded and I sat down next to him. I looked outside from the kitchen window to see if anyone is outside. Of course nobody was. I sat back down next to my dad and ate my breakfast.

A/N: Picture on the side is Taylor's pjs