S2 C5: Dragon War

The original C6 & C7 combined! :) Remember to vote & comment~ <3

Lucy heaved a sigh. "I guess I'll never get my memories back."

Wendy looked at her sympathetically. "Don't give up," she encouraged. "Maybe there's another way - you never know. Why don't we try some things to resurface your memories?" She patted the chair beside her.

Lucy acquiesed. "It doesn't matter. Getting my memories back isn't imperative."

"Yes, it is!" Minerva said with mock austerity. "But seriously, Lucy, don't you want to get your memories back?"

"I suppose," Lucy stated thoughtfully.

Minerva smirked. "I knew it. So... Where's Sting? He was her lover, he should resurface some memories."

"I don't know. Where he goes is completely arbitrary," Erza said with a shrug.

The door was flung open. "I'm right here! You're just pretending to ignore me! You upset my equilibrium!" Sting said the last part in a - very fake - posh accent.

Lucy gazed at him, her expression a mix of impassiveness and longing. "I loved you once," she whispered to Sting, not missing the pained look that crossed over Rogue's face. She tilted her head, looking at Rogue. "Did I love you too, before?"

Rogue's heart clenched helplessly."No, never."

Lucy nodded, her eyes unfocused. "Without my memories, I'm weaker." She dug into her pocket and produced a beautiful gem - long, twisting with a sparkling ruby on top. "I call upon Celestia!"

With a shimmer, Grandine appeared. "The Lady is busy," she rumbled. "What is it, Lucy?"

"I've lost my memories," Lucy informed. "Know anything that may help?"

Grandine walked forward, nuzzling Lucy's shoulder with her snout. "Don't lose hope, child. The dragons will assist their queen without fail."

The plans were made quickly and decisively. They would find a new way to get Lucy's memories back. The first step was to ransack Zeref's place for clues. "Rufus, Orga, I'm leaving you two in charge here," Minerva instructed. Their protests were quickly silenced by Lucy's 'don't you dare mess around' deathglare.

With Lucy's teleportation, they reached the old, crumbling castle in a matter of seconds. "Let's go!" Lucy ordered impatiently, pushing the archaic doors open. They creaked open loudly.

Erza screamed and dived away - while tackling Wendy to the ground to protect her - as the charred wood started smoking again.

"Not this again?" Erza cried out in frustration.

"My sincere apologies, noble Titania," came a low rumble. Out of the shadows, a mighty but battered dragon emerged. His wing was torn and shredded and several of his claws were broken, but he still carried himself proudly. "Flames, extinguish!"

Erza smiled briefly. "It's fine, Shadowvale. Is the path clear?"

The dragon chuckled. "Completely destroyed. Go right through, the traps pose no danger any longer."

They slipped past the dangling traps and the acid water till they reached the place where Zeref had crushed the gem. Their eyes widened in shock.

"There's a woman there!" Minerva whispered. "Who is that?"

Lucy's heart ached as she stared at the cascade of golden hair in front of her. It looked all too familiar... But it couldn't be her! No... It simply was impossible. What would she be doing here?