Resurrection

_INTRO_

This is my first novel soo I'm hoping y'all would like it. Being my first book, feel free to advice and critisize constructively... please excuse my bad grammar and really silly typos...Thank you very much

PROLOGUE

Kelly was returning from the central mall where she worked as a sales representative. Traffic was unusually heavy for a Wednesday  evening so she opted to walk the 30 minutes distance to her apartment instead of taking the bus.

As she walked down the busy highway, she counted off her mind's fingertips, bills that she needed to pay up when her next check came by the end of the month.

Walking by the EcoPark, a green park built by environment conscious blah blah, her legs began to remind her that they were not made of iron and so, she decided to take a breather. She dropped on one of the benches and wiped sweat off her brow, not failing to notice the guy seated next to her.

He looked like he had just escaped from a mental care facility; disheveled, unkempt, a scar ran around his face like he had been involved in an accident or something... Jeez!

"Hey", She said, turning to look at him, he either did not hear her or pretended not to. Unflinching, he still looked away, that's if he was actually seeing anything through his eyes."Hey,Mister?!" she said, this time, she leaned forward to get his attention and that was when she noticed. His teeth were chattering,face a deathly pale, every muscle in his body was tense, his grip on the bench with so much that his knuckles were white.

"He might have seen a ghost", she thought.

"Are you sick?", she tried again. No response.He must be sick, no one could possibly be cold in a bright and sunny day as it were.

Suddenly, while she was still going down that road of thoughts, he dropped to the ground and began to shake uncontrollably."Omg, I thought only cell phones could vibrate",she thought as she whipped out her cellphone and began to dial 911, crucifying herself for thinking such of a man in obvious pain.

He stretched out on the ground, every muscle stiff, his head moved from left to right at an abnormal rate drawing blood from the right side which had been scraping on the sidewalk.
"He must be having seizures or convulsions", She thought, then screamed "HELP!!!",even though she didn't need to, a small crowd had gathered around him and there obviously was no paramedic or retired med among them.Whatever happened to being there when you needed them the most.

Someone in the crowd suggested that he should be given CPR and if this were a tv show, she might have laughed out hard but this was real life and someone was dying.
The sick man continued thrashing about on the floor unaided, then his arms and head and midsection,everywhere! began to throb like all the blood in his arms had formed a single file and were now snaking across every crevice in his arms, from forearm to lower arm and back.

Veins pulsed on his forehead as he whipped his head back and forth dangerously, teeth chattering and saliva pouring out of his mouth. Someone poured cold water on him, some splashing on her skirt while someone else, a woman, sobbed.

     His torso was now shiny and very red as it continued to swell,this was unlike anything she had ever seen, even on TV. As the ambulance rounded the corner and sped down the road, sirens wailing, she muttered a word of prayer.

She didn't want to touch him anymore, hoping that whatever his sickness was, it wasn't contagious.
Without warning, the man's arms and torso burst open with a loud POP! spilling blood and guts on every one around. The crowd issued a collective gasp and drew back. She then watched in awe as the man's eyes reddened, every blood vessel in his eyes seemed to have burst open too, blood, no, something much worse, it was blackish and seemed to bubble, poured out from his shoulders, where his arms should have been and he began to make strange noises; snarling, growling and sniffing loudly.He snarled and bit at the air many times before someone from behind Kelly pulled out a gun and fired two shots into the man's head,or what was left of him as the paramedics rushed to the scene.

She noticed that they weren't the usual paramedics with their red and white ambulance van. It was a black van with an orange emblem of some sorts painted on its side.Two men in bio-hazard suits got out and proceeded to secure the body in a tarp and lift it onto a gurney.

She just stood there awestruck watching them drive away with the body loaded in the back of the van. "Oh my goodness!" she said as she turned to leave.

Turning around, what she saw made her laugh, not a happy someone-just-said-something-funny kind of laughter rather it was a this-is-not-real-life kind of derisive laughter. Right in front of her,three men who had been in the crowd were just as stiff as the man whose torso had burst open a few minutes ago. Veins throbbed all over every visible part of their bodies.
"I must have walked on set of the shooting of a Hollywood movie" she thought,looking to spot the director with a megaphone in his hand shouting for the actors to play dead when they are told to.

She inched forward and touched one of them,he was cold to the touch, eyes sunken, face as pale as the Grim Reaper's. Nanoseconds later,he growled and began to shake uncontrollably just like the other man, the other two men doing the same like he had given the "ACTION" command.

As his midsection eviscerated themselves, his intestines helping themselves to some fresh air, She screamed. Someone else screamed too. That was when she noticed many others were screaming and running about. NIGHTMARE!