"What was it about? Your nightmare?" he said suddenly, his voice clear and blatant.

I didn't respond for a moment, my mind subconsciously anticipating a smart comment from him, but one never came. Instead he watched me, patiently waiting for a reply. "I wish I knew."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Why the sudden interest?" I defended, sceptically of his intentions.

"Hey I don't want to go sparking conversation about stuff you'll get in a state over," he said, holding his hands up in reassurance.

"You worried you'll have to deal with it again?"

"I didn't say that. And for once, please don't be difficult. That's my job, and just because I fancy an afternoon away from it, well it doesn't mean you need to be going off on one," he smiled, a sight I had yet to witness. It was an attractive sight in my honest opinion, one that created a harsh contrast to the glare usually distorting his face. The gesture was brief, but I still managed to catch sight of it, and even offer one in return.

"Don't knock me for being wary. We've had what, three conversations since we met? All of which have them have ended with both of us riled up. I just don't understand why you're so off with me all of the time, surly us getting along, or at least trying to, would make sense?"

"I'm just not the kind of person you go discussing the weather with over breakfast Adelaide," he stated simply. "You don't want to go wasting your time getting to know me. I'm not someone you should be associating yourself with."

"My father clearly thinks differently."

"No, he knows I'll do everything I can to protect you," he corrected, mindlessly stuffing his hands into his pockets. "That and being associated with you are two completely different things. I'm not a good person Adelaide."

"Well I doubt it's in your job description to be nice."

"Quite the opposite really," he mused quietly. "So in this state of me being tolerable, I'd like to know what happened in your nightmare?"

"Honestly I have no clue," I admitted. "Half of it was a complete blur, and the rest was just my entire body in agony."

"Could you not see anything?"He questioned in pure curiosity.

I shook my head, "I know I was bleeding though, all of my clothes were drenched and there was this screeching. Someone was calling my name, but with all the gunfire going on around me I struggled to focus on it."

"Do you know who it was?"

"I didn't recognise the voice no," I confirmed. "Then again I don't have the memory to recognise anyone's voice."

"So can you not remember anything? At all?"

"I know common knowledge, but when it comes to anything personal, there's nothing there. I mean I didn't even know my own name when I woke up, never mind who my parents were," I said.

"Isn't it supposed to come back though?" Luke questioned, our bodies finally nearing the centre of the city, where Luke guided me over to a tall, extremely grand building.

"In theory, some of it should, but being moved half way across the world as soon as I got out wasn't a smart move. I need things to trigger the memories if they're going to come back, which I can't do if I'm nowhere near anything remotely familiar."

Luke heaved the door open to reveal what I presumed was a public library. It was a classic old building, with tall ceilings that were stacked to the brim with shelves of infinite books. Arches in the wall were painted with stunning swirls and shapes that carved their way around the building, while a grand staircase led up to another maze of non-fiction. "Why are we here?"