gotcha

Jack looked at his, should be dead, friend. he couldn't believe it. did he begin to hallucinate? is he a friction of his own grief? Jack took a step back. he didn't want it not to be true. he wanted to keep this moment. where he could see Shin, actually see, like he could touch him. he wanted this to last. he didn't want his friend to go back to the arms of death.

¨Snowflake, are you alright?¨ Shin put his hand on Jack's shoulder, slight worried for this familiar stranger. He didn't know who that snowguy was, but somehow he felt awfully familiar. like he knew everything of him yet nothing. it was a weird feeling which made him uncomfortable. especially seeing him looking shocked at his hand resting on his shoulder. 

Jack stared shocked at the warm hand resting on his shoulder.... it was real. Shin was real. or he had a really wild imagination. but he wanted to believe it was real. he wanted Shin to be back. Jack looked at Shin with tear stained eyes. ¨I can't believe you are back¨ he whispered. 

Shin scratched his head uncomfortable. ¨Look, i don't know why you know me and i don't really mind you knowing me but you are putting me in a really uncomfortable spot here. i mean... a stranger crying because of me is kinda weird¨ Shin averted his eyes. he didn't want to look. somehow it hurted something deep inside. like something put a needle through his heart. 

¨What do you..... We need the toothfairy! you'll get your memories back and know me! and then everything will be clear!¨ Jack said with hope in his voice. he  had lost his memories too when he became jack frost, but the toothfairy brought them back.

Shin looked at Jack as if he had spoken in another language. ¨ehm... look i'm not interested in teeth and i have a quite tight schedule¨ he said backing off. a stranger taking him to another stranger to look at teeth who bring his memories back. even he didn't believe that much. he has seen weird things as the grim reaper, but that sounded weird.

¨it won't take long¨ Jack said slight in panick. he didn't want Shin to leave. he wanted him to get his memories back. so he could remember him. so they could play together and talk. ¨I can't¨ Shin said before turning around and jumping away drifting into the air. 

¨Wait!¨ Jack followed Shin, reaching out to grab his feet but Shin made a turn down making Jack miss his grip. ¨Quit following snowflake. i ain't got time for your game¨ Shin shouted at Jack. ¨Just an hour is enough!¨ Jack shouted back keeping following Shin.

Suddenly somewhere in an open field Shin stopped and landed silently on the grass and turned around to Jack, who landed in front of him. ¨Shin I-¨ Shin put his hand before Jack's mouth making him shut up. ¨Look. snowflake, i got my work to do. i don't have time for....¨ 

Suddenly Shin closed his eyes and fell down like all the strength in his muscles had failed him. Jack, reacting fast enough, caught the black haired in his arms looking at him. ¨Why don't your remember¨ He mumbled. at that Shin suddenly opened his eyes and jumped away. ¨What the hell was that!¨ he shouted, sounding frightened. 

Jack just stood there, not wanting Shin to flee. After a long silence Shin seemed to have calmed down. ¨Who the hell are you Jack?¨ Shin asked slowly picking his fallen scythe up. 

¨I am Jack frost. your best friend in your past life. we had a lot of fun together¨ Jack answered without averting his eyes from Shin. ¨It sounds unbelievable but what i just saw... i think that the part that i knew you is true¨ Shin said as he was slightly shivering. that flashback wasn't pleasant. not one bit. Shin felt like he just went through a roller-coaster without seat belts and fell down in the second looping.  it wasn't even a horrible memory thing. he saw Jack, they lay in the grass enjoying the sun and the other moment he was hit by a truck.

¨That's at least something¨ Jack said looking at Shin with a slight smile. it wasn't a real natural smile. somehow it hurt to see him like this. Shin ran his hand irritated through his hair. he didn't even know why he felt this way. ¨Alright Jack. i'm still not planning to go to that toothfairy or something. if you were really that important to me. you need to make me remember¨ Shin said.

Jack looked still saddened and desperate but more understanding and nodded. ¨i will make you remember me....¨ Jack looked away, held his arm and whispered ¨and what i told you¨. 

Shin reached his hand out looking at Jack, ¨i'm looking forward¨ he grinned in his old familiar grin and Jack smiled slight at the sight. He shook Shin's hand ¨i'm not planning to let you go¨ Jack grinned.

¨this will be fun¨ Shin said letting go of Jacks cold but familiar hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New chapter :3 thanks for reading and supporting. i will do my best on continuing this. i find it a fun story to write so i continue even if you dislike it XD